cake

I got home from work today to find that my wife and 4 yr old daughter made me a cake (with pink frosting and pink m&m’s on top- her favorite) to celebrate my results. The cake has little “2”'s all over it, to mark completion of level II. Pass or fail, I hope you all have support systems like that.

If by support system you mean CFAI induced messy aftermath of a toasted 6 year relationship, yes. But seriously man, I’m jealous, sounds like you’re living the good life.

Very Nice! Can’t complain about my support system though (supportive husband and a 5 year old who keeps asking me when my next exam is:)

Similar here. My wife and daughter (6 months) made me cupcakes with frosting and had written message all over them. Level 3 candidate, Dad’s #1, etc. Awesome. I joked with my wife that I can’t eat the L3 candidate one though because it would be a Standards violation since I haven’t registered yet. She thought I was serious. LOL. edit: can’t spell worth a flip.

That’s nice… Can’t say I have the same support group…my GF of 8 years cheated on me because I was not spending enough time with her, while I was studying for L2 and I found this out 2 weeks before exam and almost f’d up my chances of passing because I was devastated but stayed focused and did not start thinking about it till after the exam now I am glad I did not let her ruin my hard work…as I passed

Better that you know now than have her pull this off down the road. Alls well that ends well. Good luck in L3. It’s a toughie.

Wow sorry for you N.Van. Glad that you passed though. My “gf” of 8 years has been extremely supportive, despite so much of the BS we’ve been through. When I was studying she brought over dinner for me every night and made sure I didn’t need to run any errands so that I can maximize my time on studying. I owe her big time and need to find a way to repay her.

Yup, I was planning on Proposing to her too…soooo glad I did not do that…

^^^ dude, not proposing to that girl AND passing. Someone is looking out for you.

N VanCandidate, you passed with ZERO sleep that night. Nice work. I can’t even tie my shoes wihtout a good 8 hours. I almost married the wrong girl too. Losing her was the best thing that ever happened to you, man.

My wife and I went out to meet some family at a local place that specializes in Belgian beers. Just got back. Good time.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > N VanCandidate, you passed with ZERO sleep that > night. Nice work. I can’t even tie my shoes > wihtout a good 8 hours. > > I almost married the wrong girl too. Losing her > was the best thing that ever happened to you, man. That was one of the main reasons I did not sleep…because so much was riding on this exam for me…and glad to have passed…everything happens for a reason…worst part was I trusted this girl with my life…and totally did not see it coming…but tried to keep focus and did not let it get to me till after exam…and now it all seems worth it… Thanks for your support guys…I could not get motivated enough in the last two weeks without AF Crew.

N.Van, Really pleased to see that you passed.

I failed and threw back a few brewsky’s and a clubhouse sandwich by myself tonight. Good times. Congrats to all that passed, I’ll make damn sure I don’t go through this shiiate again.

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yup, I was planning on Proposing to her > too…soooo glad I did not do that… Dude, our breakup happened the same week as the exam as well, and I was having those proposal thoughts around April too. That’s a rough deal you had, and I’m glad to see you got through the test ok. Although, as Smarshy said, maybe we should be thanking the CFA?

I’m the opposite right now. My girlfriend of 3 years, we’ve lived together for the last 2 years, has been on this marriage kick recently that I want nothing to do with right now. We just got back from a 3 week trip to Europe that was great. We both loved every minute of it…I thought. A couple days ago she started crying and saying she thought I was going to propose to her on that trip and she’s afraid it may never happen. That’s my hell right now. Anyways, at least I’m happy about passing today. Congrats to the rest of you for the easy home life

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > N.VanCandidate Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yup, I was planning on Proposing to her > > too…soooo glad I did not do that… > > > Dude, our breakup happened the same week as the > exam as well, and I was having those proposal > thoughts around April too. That’s a rough deal > you had, and I’m glad to see you got through the > test ok. Although, as Smarshy said, maybe we > should be thanking the CFA? Black Swan, I am starting to believe everything happens for a reason…sometime we do not understand it till later on…

vanz1212 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m the opposite right now. My girlfriend of 3 > years, we’ve lived together for the last 2 years, > has been on this marriage kick recently that I > want nothing to do with right now. We just got > back from a 3 week trip to Europe that was great. > We both loved every minute of it…I thought. A > couple days ago she started crying and saying she > thought I was going to propose to her on that trip > and she’s afraid it may never happen. > > That’s my hell right now. Anyways, at least I’m > happy about passing today. Congrats to the rest > of you for the easy home life Run. Fast.

Emotional blackmail into marriage is the best way - it gets you used to how things are going to be. Smarshy - you sure that those 2s were for the level? When I was that age, a number 2 was something else entirely.

Hmmnnn…you may be right. I thought that cake tasted a little funny.