Calgary

No SeanC… We’ll see you in the second round when the ducks beat the sharks…

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Don’t get Iginla mad!!!

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Glad I’m not in Calgary right now… > Enjoying the blizzard aliman? This city sucks balls

I used to take over one of those “syndicate” rooms on the main (i.e. 2nd) floor of Haskayne, towards the back. They’re ugly, sterile, and private - perfect to study in, and odds are that the other 8 guys around you are CFA’ers as well.

Also, Calgary (city, not team) sucks balls, and not just b/c of the weather.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used to take over one of those “syndicate” rooms > on the main (i.e. 2nd) floor of Haskayne, towards > the back. They’re ugly, sterile, and private - > perfect to study in, and odds are that the other 8 > guys around you are CFA’ers as well. I need a key card to get into those rooms, don’t I?

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L3 Buckaroo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I used to take over one of those “syndicate” > rooms > > on the main (i.e. 2nd) floor of Haskayne, > towards > > the back. They’re ugly, sterile, and private - > > perfect to study in, and odds are that the other > 8 > > guys around you are CFA’ers as well. > > > I need a key card to get into those rooms, don’t > I? Hmm, not sure about that; I didn’t have to when I was there, but that was 2006. You’re talking about the ones on the 2nd floor, right? Not the lower floor that backs onto the profs’ offices?

Yeah, the main floor that connects to education - the same place that we (the engineers) chained a Ronald McDonald full-sized figurine to the the sponsors board (hehehe)

The series is coming back to a real city boys… Hawks in 6. Eager and Burish are gonna lay out Iginla and the ugliest human in the world (Olli Jokinnen) in the next game. Calgary goes down in game 6. By the way, I am convinced that Canada has not realized the full potential of the oil sands because they know that once they do, USA will come snatch it up. This will happen 50 years from now. I am buying calls on it…and the Stanley Cup staying in the USA for a long, long time.

dzmfntz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The series is coming back to a real city boys… > > Hawks in 6. > > > Eager and Burish are gonna lay out Iginla and the > ugliest human in the world (Olli Jokinnen) in the > next game. Calgary goes down in game 6. > > > By the way, I am convinced that Canada has not > realized the full potential of the oil sands > because they know that once they do, USA will come > snatch it up. This will happen 50 years from now. > I am buying calls on it…and the Stanley Cup > staying in the USA for a long, long time. Well it is true that money buys just about anything (including talent), there has only been 2 occasions in the entire history of the NHL when a Stanley cup champion has not been Canadian. Those individuals are Darrian Hatcher (USA) and Nick Lidstrom (SWE). As far as your oil sands theory goes, your welcome to throw your money away anyway that you please, although, wings & beer sound like a much more profitable investment then your ‘theory’.

BRING ON THE 'NUCKS!!! One Canadian team down, one to go

Go Bruins… i guess. Hockey is lame, outside of a game 7 overtime, I’m cool with studying instead.

^ jut111… Hopefully you have had a chance to attend many Bruins games compared to just watching on tv. If you have, and you still make this statement, I will respect it. However, if you have not attended many games, especially playoffs, I highly suggest you check it out. Without a doubt, it is the one sport that is exponentially better in person versus watching on tv. I am also a Blackhawks season ticket holder so I will defend the sport to my grave. I have said my peace.

been to a few B’s games, not playoffs though. I agree hockey can be exciting to watch, just don’t really care that much about the outcome unlike other sports. So I guess I’m not bashing hockey itself, just don’t really have a rooting interest.

What about baseball? That’s a sport I don’t understand how people could enjoy (runs for cover)

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What about baseball? That’s a sport I don’t > understand how people could enjoy (runs for cover) I concur…I think it’s b/c it’s possible to zone out for extended periods during the game, without missing key moments. I.e. you can miss the 5th & 6th innings to wait in line for the extra-jumbo hot dog w/ triple-fried ham, and you won’t miss much. Much like NASCAR (if one were to qualify that as a “sport,” which it is certainly not). And let’s face it, if you can tell someone to take a break from an already-leisurely activity to stuff their face, you can bet it’ll be a hit.

hahahahaha

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What about baseball? That’s a sport I don’t > understand how people could enjoy (runs for cover) Im right there with you on that.

Who bumped this old thread?! Weak. We took Chicago to 6 games with half our bench. And all our players were injured. With Keenan gone next season, we will probably win the cup. I think I’ll cheer for the Penguins, they are a fun team to watch.

discuss