Califrexit?

I don’t think the bolded have much traction outside of the EC and Kamala Harris is unproven. I dont think Julian Castro has enough political talent.

Warren is interesting though.

^ Booker was the mayor of Newark and now senator from NJ. He’s young, Stanford and Yale educated, Rhodes Scholar, and African American. Democrats put him on some influential committees and made sure he got some national camera time before the POTUS stuff became the only game in town. See as how the African American vote dropped off for Hillary, dems will probably push hard for a ticket that includes an African American candidate. I could see a Warren/Booker ticket being a winner in 2020.

Doubt any of them would win the nomination, but dems will want a more diverse starting field in 2020 than they had this year. A bunch of old white people doesn’t really scream diverse and inclusive, which is where Booker, Castro and Harris come in.

She’s like Bernie without the likeable “everyone gets everything for free” platform. She won’t get out of the primaries.

Idk she has a massive amount of support from mainstream dems that bernie lacked. She seems to be a middle ground between mainstream democratic platform and the bernie crowd that could be pretty powerful. A decent amount of pennsylvania bernie voters I know voted for DT, the would likely vote for Warren running on her anti-wall street platform. Higgs Warren/Booker platform is an interesting one, I have heard positive things about him but dont know much personally. Bernie also benefited from the fact that he sounded just like Larry david

I live in California (near Los Angeles), and nobody in my neighborhood has mentioned secession. Maybe it’s a San Francisco / Silicon Valley thing.

Of course, back in the late '60s we were scheduled to slide into the Pacific Ocean. I need to go back and check – I was in elementary school at the time and don’t recall it in glorious Technicolor – but I’m pretty sure that we didn’t.

Elizebeth Warren is a witch who is making a career out of bashing companies for whatever reason she can find. They are all corporation-y and thus evil. Her views are fine and accepted in a circle jerk of left wing activists, but incompatible with even Democratic party moderates (i.e. Hillary). If you want to guarantee 90% voter turnout from all GOP districts, Senator Warren is your candidate.

Annnnnnd what the right has done to Hillary for the last 30 years I see they have already started doing to Warren. A witch? Get out of here

I posted (in jest) a “maybe we should secede” post in my FB feed on election night. I don’t truly support it, but it’s just that after years of hearing Texas talk about seceding, I found myself thinking, “maybe if we had just let the South go, that would have been a better thing.”

But part of the rules of democracy is accepting the fact that sometimes you lose, but you are guaranteed the opportunity to fight another day.

I’m okay with both TX and CA going on their own.

CA is the nation’s biggest economy, would be a net negative.

All Democratic candidates will be condemned by Republicans. However, Elizabeth Warren is not comparable to Hillary Clinton in her wanton disregard for fairness and instigation of conflict in pursuing her agenda. She is simply too far to the left and to divisive for anyone but the most left wing voters to consider a viable President. She is comparable to Bernie Sanders, but without the charisma, likability, or positive message. Opposition to Elizabeth Warren will be orders of magnitude higher than Hillary’s, and it will come not only from right wing people, but moderate people with balanced reasons.

It’d be worth it. Besides, as S2K mentioned, CA is going to fall into ocean eventually anyway.

Bern was the man -some crazy ideas but at least he’s honest. It was a shame he didnt have the opportunity.

Bernie had the opportunity, he just wasn’t popular enough.

^plus his own party (the DNC) did everything they could to hold him back.

DNC definitely stopped him, but even without that, he didn’t have all that broad of a support base in his party. You can’t win the D nomination without minority support and that’s what he never developed. Even among hardcore liberals, they love BS, but felt H was far more well rounded.

Replace everything you said with “Trump, RNC, Rep, etc.” and you have what everyone thought of The Donald’s chances.

^minorities?