Call of Duty vs Medal of Honor

So, I bought Medal of Honor for my little brother for Xmas, I wondered if there’s anyone on this forum that plays both and has feedback.

The reviews for MOH were pretty poor but I havent played it myself. As for COD (I assume you’re referring to Black Ops), I thought it was pretty good. The multiplayer is a lot of fun but I have also heard from die-hard COD fans that it doesnt compare to modern warfare 2.

That’s what I was afraid of, I saw similar reviews. Ah well, he’s not a picky gamer. I’m pretty excited to bust it out myself.

Call of Duty all the way.

AA3 babe!

UT3!

Def COD. Though its buggy, I really like Fallout New Vegas because its turned out to be a relatively intellectual game for a shooter.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Def COD. Though its buggy, I really like Fallout > New Vegas because its turned out to be a > relatively intellectual game for a shooter. It is a testament to Fallout:NV that despite its many, many, many, many design flaws and bugs, it’s still an incredible game worth playing. Also suggest Team Fortress 2 for Xbox if your brother wants a fun class based shooter (class based = different playable characters have different abilities and weapons).

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Def COD. Though its buggy, I really like Fallout > New Vegas because its turned out to be a > relatively intellectual game for a shooter. I chuckled at this just because Fallout NV is one of the buggiest games to come along in a while. Still good, but way glitchy. Aside from some checkpoint issues, Black Ops is relatively bug free, especially in multiplayer which is what really matters. As for the original question, MOH really isn’t close to COD, either MW2 or Black Ops. Now if you want to debate MW2 vs. Black Ops, then that’s a closer call. Either way, Black Ops is what’s being played now so it would be a better way to go.

Black Ops is what MW2 was supposed to have been, MW1 with more of everything. MW2 was the most god awful multi-player experience ever. It was completely riddled with bugs and hacks that the game was frequently unplayable. The reviews for MOH didn’t seem very high, so I didn’t get it. Always check places like gamerankings that aggregate scores, since many big name reviewers are having a conflict of interest when reviewing games cause they advertise them too (i.e. gamespot).

AA 3

So over break I played COD-BO with my bro like 8 hours a day. I thought it wasn’t nearly as cool as MW2, he tended to agree. I just thought MW2 had much more intense effects, weaponry and pace, and I liked the special ops split screen part of MW2 a lot, they were as fun if not more than straight up multi-player in my mind. I also just got a text, my brother is finally playing the MOH I got him on campaign and says its way better than COD for campaign, multi-player may be a different story. He also tends to have a different taste in games, so that could be it too.

BO campaign is only about six hours long, and not really that great. Definitely buy for multiplayer. Since MW2 multiplayer is essentially unplayable now the point of which one is better is very different from which one you should play right now. The only answer is BO. And then, of course, there’s always Halo…

Halo series will always be untouchably #1 in my mind (except Halo 2, we can all agree that was garbage). If I had to build a FPS all time list it may go like this: 1) Halo Series 2) Golden Eye (built the genre) 3) Unreal Tournament 4) COD 5) Half Life 5) Jedi Knight 2 6) Quake 7) Perfect Dark 8) Counter Strike 9) Doom 10) ?

1. Golden Eye (Hands Down) 2) Halo (The genesis of LAN/Internet console gaming) 3) Half Life 4) COD 5) Unreal 6) Return To Castle Wolfenstein (Old School Xbox, this game was sick on Xbox Live) 7) Counter Strike 8) Perfect Dark That’s about all of the FPS games I’ve played.

I was contemplating Wolfenstein, but I was going to go for the old PC original

I’d put Goldeneye #1 by far. Still amazingly fun. I also disagree that Halo 2 sucked. Halo: CE had the best campaign/co-op for sure, but Halo 2’s multiplayer was revolutionary. The multiplayer lobby and matchmaking system made online gaming easy and much more fun. And, Lockout is still the best multiplayer map ever created.

nothing beats Counterstrike 1.5 in my book…

Never played counterstrike, the critics seem to think it’s pretty awesome tho… I miss the video game days.

I only seriously played UT2k3, UT2k4 and UT3, after that i retired from pro gaming and casually play TF2 now. CS 1.5 should be good - but i never played it