Capitalism-A Love Story

I’m interested in seeing this movie, but I think I’ll buy a ticket to a different one to directly not support Moore. Anyone on af provide input? I remember a link back in Feb where Moore was looking for insight from people on Wall Street.

I stopped watching Michael Moore movies a long time ago. I have absolutely no interest in watching it. Documentary my @$$.

He tends to slightly exaggerate stories and make them more dramatic. But still, no one can accuse him of falsehoods. And you know the tone from the start and who the story is aimed at, so overall it should be an interesting doc.

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I stopped watching Michael Moore movies a long > time ago. I have absolutely no interest in > watching it. Documentary my @$$. +1

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I stopped watching Michael Moore movies a long > time ago. I have absolutely no interest in > watching it. Documentary my @$$. +50. For a guy who is so against capitalism, he sure receives a lot of his funding from Disney and makes them a ton of cash.

pfft… I don´t mind him so much. Yeah, there are tons of criticisms one can level from a scholarly point of view, but it´s a good thing that there is someone on the left that has learned the massively distortionary techniques pioneered and developed by the right. Yes, he turns out to be better at it than Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, but the right still outnumbers him.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pfft… I don´t mind him so much. Yeah, there are > tons of criticisms one can level from a scholarly > point of view, but it´s a good thing that there is > someone on the left that has learned the massively > distortionary techniques pioneered and developed > by the right. Yes, he turns out to be better at > it than Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, but the right > still outnumbers him. Odds are, you’ve never listened to Rush Limbaugh once in your entire life.

Who can avoid having to listen to Rush Limbaugh at least once in one´s entire life? But you´re right that I don´t choose to listen to his drivel very often.

I believe the depiction of Michael Moore in “Team America: World Police” is sufficient to satisfy my interest in his films.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe the depiction of Michael Moore in “Team > America: World Police” is sufficient to satisfy my > interest in his films. +2 … Thinking of this movie gave me a much needed laugh on a crappy Monday morning … Matt Damon … lol

How can a disgustingly fat man rail against excess?

again. i think even moore has a misconception of what capitalism is and what consumerism is. greed/envy/lust are the result of consumerism not capitalism.

Anyone watch Sicko? It was good. In a world where people are served media bias on television news programming, in newspapers, and on the radio; I’m not why it’s somehow the greatest-sin-against-man that Moore does it in a movie. To be honest, he’s even pretty fair when he does it in his movies. A lot of right-wing media will completely distort facts or lie - all Moore does is show factual hypocrisy. I know a lot of people are Moore-haters, including many of the people who went and saw the film at TIFF this past week, however, it still got a standing ovation and was runner up for the people’s choice award (last year’s winner of the people’s choice award at TIFF was Slumdog Millionaire, this year it was Precious). I’m guessing he’s going to show the juxtaposition between the excessive riches on Wall St. and poor middle class Americans affected by the work of these financiers. Don’t see what is inherently wrong in that. Sure Wall St. is going to come off looking bad, but what would you expect? I think 95% of the people in this world think comp on Wall St. is out of wack with reality / value provided.

Michael Moore is no better than Rush Limbaugh.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Michael Moore is no better than Rush Limbaugh. I think bchadwick is simply stating that they act as a counter balance to one another. And kkent, I grew up being forcefed Rush Limbaugh and now it seems I can’t escape that new lunatic on Fox. I can honestly say Limbaugh is a fat airbag.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Michael Moore is no better than Rush Limbaugh. > > > I think bchadwick is simply stating that they act > as a counter balance to one another. > > And kkent, I grew up being forcefed Rush Limbaugh > and now it seems I can’t escape that new lunatic > on Fox. I can honestly say Limbaugh is a fat > airbag. You and chadwick are the type who never listen to Limbaugh, go to Media Matters, download portions of the radio transcript while never allowing yourself to listen to the program to realize that Limbaugh is being saracastic nearly half the time as he plays the role of a conservative caricature. The guy is actually a talented comedian, but people like you make sweeping comments about Rush’s “distortions” but likely can’t provide a single bit of evidence.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone watch Sicko? It was good. > No. Will not pay to see his crap. Will def. download it. > In a world where people are served media bias on > television news programming, in newspapers, and on > the radio; I’m not why it’s somehow the > greatest-sin-against-man that Moore does it in a > movie. > Sure, but that doesn’t make it right. > To be honest, he’s even pretty fair when he does > it in his movies. A lot of right-wing media will > completely distort facts or lie - all Moore does > is show factual hypocrisy. > Moore shows only what advances his angle. He absolutely distorts the facts. As others have said he has become the Rush of the left. > I know a lot of people are Moore-haters, including > many of the people who went and saw the film at > TIFF this past week, however, it still got a > standing ovation and was runner up for the > people’s choice award (last year’s winner of the > people’s choice award at TIFF was Slumdog > Millionaire, this year it was Precious). Standing ovation? From who? The people the would usually go and watch his movies? Sounds like a sample bias to me. > > I’m guessing he’s going to show the juxtaposition > between the excessive riches on Wall St. and poor > middle class Americans affected by the work of > these financiers. Don’t see what is inherently > wrong in that. Sure Wall St. is going to come off > looking bad, but what would you expect? I think > 95% of the people in this world think comp on Wall > St. is out of wack with reality / value provided. There is a problem with this and its Moore’s intention to show only a bias. The bias pins Wall St. (and even more so Corp. America) as evil and should be to blame for all the ills and the poor middle class American was a victim. It ignores the idea of personal responsibility. For a man that hates conservative America and Capitalism so much, he sure loves making a shitload of $$$ exploiting it.

In any case, Moores wild overstatements make his productions a turn off to both *level headed* sides of any argument. Just like I am sure some right wingers find O’Reilly out of control, I find Rush a little too much to handle. His arguments are often based on very relevant issues but he goes just a bit too far to call it a documentary.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > needhelp Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Michael Moore is no better than Rush > Limbaugh. > > > > > > I think bchadwick is simply stating that they > act > > as a counter balance to one another. > > > > And kkent, I grew up being forcefed Rush > Limbaugh > > and now it seems I can’t escape that new > lunatic > > on Fox. I can honestly say Limbaugh is a fat > > airbag. > > > You and chadwick are the type who never listen to > Limbaugh, go to Media Matters, download portions > of the radio transcript while never allowing > yourself to listen to the program to realize that > Limbaugh is being saracastic nearly half the time > as he plays the role of a conservative caricature. > The guy is actually a talented comedian, but > people like you make sweeping comments about > Rush’s “distortions” but likely can’t provide a > single bit of evidence. So that we’re all clear, this is coming from a guy who gets most of his news from Drudge and believes it to be a good independent source of information.

I agree with the sentiment on Family Guy that Fred Savage is both Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh.