Capitalism-A Love Story

BTW is anyone planning to watch Brick City on the Sundance Channel this week? 5-part documentary on Newark, NJ and focusing on mayor Cory Booker.

I agree with bchadwick. kkent, I don’t think Limbaugh is trying to be funny when he says most of the things he says, and I think WAY too many people take what he says as their POV. I think sometimes he tries to be funny w/ his caricatures of people on the left, but you make it sound like he’s Colbert or something and doesn’t really believe half of the nonsense that comes out of his mouth. I force myself to listen to him every once in a while just to see what he’s saying, and he’s usually ridiculous. Not quite as crazy as Glenn Beck (that guy is daffy), but still pretty obnoxious. P.S. Props to Mr. Walrus for the Team America reference…that’s an awesome movie!

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Anyone watch Sicko? It was good. > > > > No. Will not pay to see his crap. Will def. > download it. > > > In a world where people are served media bias > on > > television news programming, in newspapers, and > on > > the radio; I’m not why it’s somehow the > > greatest-sin-against-man that Moore does it in > a > > movie. > > > > Sure, but that doesn’t make it right. > > > To be honest, he’s even pretty fair when he > does > > it in his movies. A lot of right-wing media > will > > completely distort facts or lie - all Moore > does > > is show factual hypocrisy. > > > > Moore shows only what advances his angle. He > absolutely distorts the facts. As others have > said he has become the Rush of the left. > > > I know a lot of people are Moore-haters, > including > > many of the people who went and saw the film at > > TIFF this past week, however, it still got a > > standing ovation and was runner up for the > > people’s choice award (last year’s winner of > the > > people’s choice award at TIFF was Slumdog > > Millionaire, this year it was Precious). > > Standing ovation? From who? The people the would > usually go and watch his movies? Sounds like a > sample bias to me. > > > > > I’m guessing he’s going to show the > juxtaposition > > between the excessive riches on Wall St. and > poor > > middle class Americans affected by the work of > > these financiers. Don’t see what is inherently > > wrong in that. Sure Wall St. is going to come > off > > looking bad, but what would you expect? I > think > > 95% of the people in this world think comp on > Wall > > St. is out of wack with reality / value > provided. > > There is a problem with this and its Moore’s > intention to show only a bias. The bias pins Wall > St. (and even more so Corp. America) as evil and > should be to blame for all the ills and the poor > middle class American was a victim. It ignores > the idea of personal responsibility. > > For a man that hates conservative America and > Capitalism so much, he sure loves making a > shitload of $$$ exploiting it. how did you get away with writing shitload?

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Black Swan Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > needhelp Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > Michael Moore is no better than Rush > > Limbaugh. > > > > > > > > > I think bchadwick is simply stating that they > > act > > > as a counter balance to one another. > > > > > > And kkent, I grew up being forcefed Rush > > Limbaugh > > > and now it seems I can’t escape that new > > lunatic > > > on Fox. I can honestly say Limbaugh is a fat > > > airbag. > > > > > > You and chadwick are the type who never listen > to > > Limbaugh, go to Media Matters, download > portions > > of the radio transcript while never allowing > > yourself to listen to the program to realize > that > > Limbaugh is being saracastic nearly half the > time > > as he plays the role of a conservative > caricature. > > The guy is actually a talented comedian, but > > people like you make sweeping comments about > > Rush’s “distortions” but likely can’t provide a > > single bit of evidence. > > So that we’re all clear, this is coming from a guy > who gets most of his news from Drudge and believes > it to be a good independent source of information. This coming from a jackass who thinks Drudge is an original source of news, when, in fact, Drudge LINKS articles from every news source in the world, including Reuters, the NY Times, WaPost, world newspapers, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc.

chrisclwtr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with bchadwick. > > kkent, I don’t think Limbaugh is trying to be > funny when he says most of the things he says, and > I think WAY too many people take what he says as > their POV. I think sometimes he tries to be funny > w/ his caricatures of people on the left, but you > make it sound like he’s Colbert or something and > doesn’t really believe half of the nonsense that > comes out of his mouth. I force myself to listen > to him every once in a while just to see what he’s > saying, and he’s usually ridiculous. Not quite as > crazy as Glenn Beck (that guy is daffy), but still > pretty obnoxious. > > P.S. Props to Mr. Walrus for the Team America > reference…that’s an awesome movie! Chris, I’m sorry, you’re just wrong. I listen to Rush probably, on average, 3 hours a week and have for more than 10 years. A lot of times, stuff he rants about I couldn’t possibly care less about and I just zone out. I’m not at all saying he is a Colbert type. But what he does is he caricatures himself as a conservative as the media portrays him. For example, the black kids who beat up the white kid on the bus last week–Rush went into a 15-minute monologue about how white children are being targeted by black children in Obama’s America–we have a race problem in this country, blah blah. The whole monologue was IRONIC–it was a JOKE. The point he was trying to make was that if the roles were reversed and the white kids had beat up a black kid (and George Bush had been president), immediately Jesse Jackson and the Democrats would be going nuts, demanding the white kids be expelled and charged for “hate crimes” no matter the reasoning behind the assault. This is what people don’t get about Rush Limbaugh when they NEVER listen to him. It’s like you guys put your fingers in your ears and scream and you don’t want to believe that Rush is an entertainer and that he does ironic skits ALL the time and has for 20 years. Edit: And let me point out that despite the clear irony and comedic tone of his “race monologue”, liberals took the transcript and ignored the irony of the situation and portrayed Limbaugh as a racist when all an honest person would have to do is listen to the monologue and see clearly that it was a joke.

Ha ha, “Matt Damon” yes…

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFABLACKBELT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Mr. Pink Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Anyone watch Sicko? It was good. > > > > > > > No. Will not pay to see his crap. Will def. > > download it. > > > > > In a world where people are served media bias > > on > > > television news programming, in newspapers, > and > > on > > > the radio; I’m not why it’s somehow the > > > greatest-sin-against-man that Moore does it > in > > a > > > movie. > > > > > > > Sure, but that doesn’t make it right. > > > > > To be honest, he’s even pretty fair when he > > does > > > it in his movies. A lot of right-wing media > > will > > > completely distort facts or lie - all Moore > > does > > > is show factual hypocrisy. > > > > > > > Moore shows only what advances his angle. He > > absolutely distorts the facts. As others have > > said he has become the Rush of the left. > > > > > I know a lot of people are Moore-haters, > > including > > > many of the people who went and saw the film > at > > > TIFF this past week, however, it still got a > > > standing ovation and was runner up for the > > > people’s choice award (last year’s winner of > > the > > > people’s choice award at TIFF was Slumdog > > > Millionaire, this year it was Precious). > > > > Standing ovation? From who? The people the > would > > usually go and watch his movies? Sounds like a > > sample bias to me. > > > > > > > > I’m guessing he’s going to show the > > juxtaposition > > > between the excessive riches on Wall St. and > > poor > > > middle class Americans affected by the work > of > > > these financiers. Don’t see what is > inherently > > > wrong in that. Sure Wall St. is going to > come > > off > > > looking bad, but what would you expect? I > > think > > > 95% of the people in this world think comp on > > Wall > > > St. is out of wack with reality / value > > provided. > > > > There is a problem with this and its Moore’s > > intention to show only a bias. The bias pins > Wall > > St. (and even more so Corp. America) as evil > and > > should be to blame for all the ills and the > poor > > middle class American was a victim. It ignores > > the idea of personal responsibility. > > > > For a man that hates conservative America and > > Capitalism so much, he sure loves making a > > shitload of $$$ exploiting it. > > > how did you get away with writing shitload? lol i dunno :smiley:

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This coming from a jackass who thinks Drudge is an > original source of news, when, in fact, Drudge > LINKS articles from every news source in the > world, including Reuters, the NY Times, WaPost, > world newspapers, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc. You’re so far to the right it’s simply pointless to try and engage you in any serious dialogue. I’m well aware of what you perceive Drudge to be. Your “j@ck@ss” comment was unnecessary and speaks to the level of discourse on which you operate.

LOL, coming from the guy that personally attacks me EVERY single time I post. Yes, MY personal discourse…right. So basically, you can’t defend your position at all–probably because you just popped over to drudgereport 10 minutes before and realized that a fifth of the articles are from Reuters and the rest today are from the Washington Post, politico, the London Times and the Financial Times, among others.

Eh, used to read Drudge in college. The filter that matters the most is the one you should have in your head. Anyone see this tea party protest footage…just hilarious. http://www.tfproject.org/tfp/tilted-politics/150913-9-12-tea-party-interview-video.html

drudge is definitely right leaning, coming from a non-party affiliated guy

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LOL, coming from the guy that personally attacks > me EVERY single time I post. Yes, MY personal > discourse…right. Every time you post? Someone’s got an inflated opinion of themselves. Here’s some of your most recent posts, found via a simple search by author. I simply call BS when I see it; that you happen to be a frequent recipient of such calling is something you’ll have to think about. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1062516,1062949#msg-1062949 http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1060656,1060833#msg-1060833 http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1063956,1063985#msg-1063985 As for Drudge, in the opening line of the wikipedia page, it’s a called a conservative website (with 5 references supporting). Later, in the political leanings section, it states it’s widely regarded as a conservative website (with 7 different supporting references), and separately, Fortune called him a “conservative bullhorn” and the LA Times called him a “well known conservative warrior”.

For the 32nd time, no one denies that Matt Drudge and people who read the drudgereport aren’t conservative. What you don’t seem to understand is that the articles aren’t Drudge originals. THEY ARE ALL LINKS TO NEWS STORIES. Right now, the links are from Reuters, the Guardian (UK), Yahoo News, CBS News, Google News, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Jerusalem Post, The Associated Press, and Reuters UK among many others. Your ad hominem against anything political I say because “you read drudge” is inane. By the way, I guess you haven’t heard of the world “hyperbole”. You’ve personally attacked me on many many occassions. In English, hyperbole is a form of expression. Since you must be a foreign exchange student from Bangladesh, I’ll explain to you that when an American uses the term “every time” it is an English form of expression which refers to “often”.

kkent is an extremist

I love how people who don’t watch his movies are somehow experts on how bad his movies are.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I love how people who don’t watch his movies are > somehow experts on how bad his movies are. What makes you think we haven’t seen his movies?

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the 32nd time, no one denies that Matt Drudge > and people who read the drudgereport aren’t > conservative. What you don’t seem to understand is > that the articles aren’t Drudge originals. THEY > ARE ALL LINKS TO NEWS STORIES. Right now, the > links are from Reuters, the Guardian (UK), Yahoo > News, CBS News, Google News, Wall Street Journal, > Reuters, Jerusalem Post, The Associated Press, and > Reuters UK among many others. Your ad hominem > against anything political I say because “you read > drudge” is inane. > > By the way, I guess you haven’t heard of the world > “hyperbole”. You’ve personally attacked me on many > many occassions. In English, hyperbole is a form > of expression. Since you must be a foreign > exchange student from Bangladesh, I’ll explain to > you that when an American uses the term “every > time” it is an English form of expression which > refers to “often”. Yes it is links, but filtered links, it never tells both sides of the story. Drudge also creates their own blaring headlines to the tune of OBAMA CALLED MCCAIN A D&CKHEAD.

Jscott24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > For the 32nd time, no one denies that Matt > Drudge > > and people who read the drudgereport aren’t > > conservative. What you don’t seem to understand > is > > that the articles aren’t Drudge originals. THEY > > ARE ALL LINKS TO NEWS STORIES. Right now, the > > links are from Reuters, the Guardian (UK), > Yahoo > > News, CBS News, Google News, Wall Street > Journal, > > Reuters, Jerusalem Post, The Associated Press, > and > > Reuters UK among many others. Your ad hominem > > against anything political I say because “you > read > > drudge” is inane. > > > > By the way, I guess you haven’t heard of the > world > > “hyperbole”. You’ve personally attacked me on > many > > many occassions. In English, hyperbole is a > form > > of expression. Since you must be a foreign > > exchange student from Bangladesh, I’ll explain > to > > you that when an American uses the term “every > > time” it is an English form of expression which > > refers to “often”. > > > Yes it is links, but filtered links, it never > tells both sides of the story. Drudge also creates > their own blaring headlines to the tune of OBAMA > CALLED MCCAIN A D&CKHEAD. I agree. IMO: The counter to the drudgereport is huffingtonpost. Both do essentially the same thing. I like reading both to keep a balance, but its funny to look at the comments on these sites because the loonies really come out in full force.