Capitalism-A Love Story

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the 32nd time, no one denies that Matt Drudge > and people who read the drudgereport aren’t > conservative. What you don’t seem to understand is > that the articles aren’t Drudge originals. THEY > ARE ALL LINKS TO NEWS STORIES. Right now, the > links are from Reuters, the Guardian (UK), Yahoo > News, CBS News, Google News, Wall Street Journal, > Reuters, Jerusalem Post, The Associated Press, and > Reuters UK among many others. Your ad hominem > against anything political I say because “you read > drudge” is inane. > > By the way, I guess you haven’t heard of the world > “hyperbole”. You’ve personally attacked me on many > many occassions. In English, hyperbole is a form > of expression. Since you must be a foreign > exchange student from Bangladesh, I’ll explain to > you that when an American uses the term “every > time” it is an English form of expression which > refers to “often”. Unlike you, I’ve never “personally” attacked you. I’ve let you know that most of your ideas about government are ludicrous, but that doesn’t mean I think you’re a bad person. Once again, you have personally attacked me, once calling me a moron and now questioning my English abilities, when in fact that only reason I went a looked up your posts was because you went out of your way to put “EVERY” in all caps in your last post. I am now resisting the urge to question your English ability. My point on Drudge is that anyone who uses that as a primary news source is basically saying “I have no problem with a conservative hack with at best loose journalistic ethics filtering all my news for me”. In that regard, it’s no different than Fox News. Please keep clinging to the idea that “Because it’s just links, it can’t be biased”.

Current headline to a link: Fidel Castro praises Obama…

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I love how people who don’t watch his movies > are > > somehow experts on how bad his movies are. > > > What makes you think we haven’t seen his movies? Umm… how about… CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Anyone watch Sicko? It was good. > > > > No. Will not pay to see his crap. Will def. > download it. > The movie is 2 years old (and his best film to date). I hope your whole opinion of him isn’t based on being forced to watch Roger and Me in your business ethics class. The 9/11 film was his worst IMO.

I just rented this movie. Updates will follow later tonight.

I like how he wants to replace capitalism (an economic system) with democracy (a form of government). Boy that makes sense.

I love how he presents a mathematical equation with as many variables as possible, that has absolutely no relation to quantitative finance whatsoever, in order to scare/confuse the layman. He could have at least presented a differential equation - which uses esoteric techniques to solve. But of course, the layman wouldn’t know anything about that, so it wouldn’t ignite the same kind of reaction.

Manufacturing Dissent: Uncovering Michael Moore

There is no way to deny that moore is left leaning, and does filter out facts that don’t support his opinion. At the same time - you can’t argue with his portrayal of how poor the american health care system is. Also - I can’t believe anyone would stick up for Limbaugh. I’m still in shock from when he made fun of Michael J Fox for his MS. The guy is a complete tool.

^^ MJF has parkinson’s, not ms

Economically speaking Capitalism and Consumerism are inseperable; if you feel otherwise prove it! Honestly, it is very difficult if not impossible to have a sustainable economic system without consumerism. Even Stalin’s Communism had “consumerism”. This just a Micheal Moore exaggeration, don’t get caught up in the hype. Unless you are defining consumerism in non-economic terms. I haven’t seen the film so I’m not going to pick sides here.