CFA 2017 - Official Mock - Scores

Are these first time scores?

72 - Gurufissu 68 - CFAcation 82 - Jaywill 70 - jsnazz 72 - PandAManager 68 - turbo989 60 - sdooley 76 nathanwinklepleck 77- bearface 65 - abashtavy 71 - disiz64 78 - JeffO15 65 - rufio6 77 - kuneh26 58 - SMHKR

70 - nash86

AVERAGE for AM session is so far tracking at 71% :open_mouth:

This really goes to show the calibre of candidates that I’m up against at this level. Although as someone pointed out before, I’m sure there’s a slight bias in terms of outperformers within this forum compared to the thousands of candidates that are going to be sitting the exam on Saturday.

AM: 40/60 => 66.67%

PM: 46/60 => 76.67%

Took PM today, AM was 2 weeks ago.

nash86, also self-report bias

Indeed. Think hedge funds. If I’d gotten a 42% I might not have reported my score. I have an image to uphold darnit! :stuck_out_tongue:

AM 72/PM 68. I found PM much harder but not sure if it is because I completed a couple weeks ago.

For AM #37, can anyone tell me why equal weighted would not be correct? The CFAI helpfully provides the value weighted at 13.5% but no mention of equal weighted which I calculated to be 13.72%?

To get the equal-weighted return, all you need to do add up each “change in price” and take an average i.e.divide by 5.

Thanks Nash. I took the average of the market cap return, add that to the list

Did the AM a few days ago and did PM just now.

AM - 60% (think i rushed it a little…finished in 1hr 45) PM - 75% (took my time, finished in 2.5hrs)

Found PM much easier and straightforward - although that PWM item set was horrible to work with

Instead of tracking scores we should track time spent on PWM. That itemset took me 41 minutes, and I still only got 3/6. Not sure which performance appraisal measure to use, but all four would come to the same conclusion regarding the value add of that 41 minutes.

I had to average 12.5 min per set just to finish after that POS.

I want to ask is there any point over solving AM and PM mocks again, as we would know the answers and better scores is not a true indicator.

Some people find value in it. Practice is practice. None of these scores are a true indicator anyway. What matters is what happens on game day.

Yeah for sure - i fall into the trap of spending an extra 5 mins in the AM on it too - it kills me for time cos you just can’t make up for it with the other questions.

Although, i do have a lot more time on the multiple choice papers - was finishing with at least an hour left. I’m hoping that it’s like Level 2 where the topic tests were insanely hard and the test wasn’t thaaaat bad

AM: 70

PM: 65

I thought the questions were less than concise and it was generally harder than expected. My hope is to come out of the exam saying “that was easier than the mocks” for the third year running.

The 2014, 2015 and 2016 AMs went 61 (2 weeks ago), 86 and 77 respectively. I’m starting to feel OK but need to refine some concepts over the next 5 days. After reading all you folks’ scores though I’m totally banking on the “AF posters are mostly overachievers” theory to keep me from being discouraged :slight_smile:

AM: 67

PM: 65

Could be cause I’m not all the way there yet, but I felt like there were at least 5-7 questions that were just garbage (either poorly written or misleading). Hopefully can get that up above 70 in the next 4 days.

The 2017 mock exams appear poorly written. I took all mock exams from 2012 to 2016 and they were consistent in style and formatting. For 2017, there was a lot of guesswork

AM - 72% (a bit disappointed because before looking at the solutions I expected a score around 80%)

PM - 70% (harder than AM)

my problem with CFAI and some of these mocks, is like are you testing our reading comprehension/speed of reading, or are you testing whether we know the concepts that we learned?? these questions with an entire essay of information where we spend 5 min just sifting through what’s relevant/what’s not seems a little ridiculous as the test then becomes how quickly you can read/process things, and not whether you make informed decisions based on financial concepts. In real life, especially on the buy side/private wealth, it isn’t some freaking race where you need to evaluate ones liquidity requirement in 30 seconds based on a page of information… no. So i struggle to understand why we get a case with 10 min worth of reading to show we understand the concepts…/vent

I just finished 2017 PM Mock. This one was way harder than the previous year’s mock. In my view, maybe I’m not ready yet but the questions were difficult to read and some of the things they asked were in the weeds.

68 AM, 85 PM

I was expecting ~60 on the PM- shocked when I hit submit and saw the score. After reviewing it does seem a little more cut and dry but the wording was all over the place and some of the questions were pretty derivative in nature (that PWM set was just stupid, but I came close.)

For the PM exam, question 3 on the private wealth mgmt block (the one that had you calculate the liquidity event- I’m not sure I understand why you don’t include her income shortfall in the liquidity calculation, anyone care to shed some light? Her salary is pretax 150k, expenses (post tax) are also 150k- I figured that you would have to put the shortfall that comes from taxing the income and then subsequently not meeting expenses as a liquidity requirement. I’m probably just losing my mind at this point!