CFA canidatacy on resume Q

I know its OK to list “CFA Level II Candidate” on my resume, but would it be a violation to list my level I performance like: “Obtained top performance tier (>70%) in all topic areas of June 2008 CFA Level I exam.” The standards generally stress facts over opinion and this is certainly a fact. I know similar questions have been posted before, but I couldn’t find anything specific to this using search. Thanks.

So are you saying you’re better than other people who passed Level I?

I didn’t care about my exam performance (nobody else willl). Pass/Fail are the only thing matters.

frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So are you saying you’re better than other people > who passed Level I? where is this stated? really I’m just trying to convey that I worked by balls off last spring.

I believe he was making a joke since this topic has been discussed thousands of times. If the guy who is interviewing you went 70+ in everything, maybe he’ll be impressed. If not, you’re going to look like a d-bag. I wouldn’t include this.

I think everybody who took on the CFA quest all worked their balls off (just at different ball-busting level). That is why I think the performance don’t mean much to the employer who is looking at your resume (asssuming the HR people knows ANTYING about the CFA exam)

It’s definatley permitted. Whether stating it on you res would be helpful is a different story. I would only do it if you haven’t had the chance to take level II yet. Meaning, I wouldn’t say I got full points of the level I back in '06. L II is a completely different animal and until you get that most firms won’t think too much about LI. IMHO

canidatacy

I think its a bit much to get into all of that personally. Down the road when you complete it are you going to list all of your scores?

Joe Dirt L2 Candidate 70+ in all L1 areas Found 15/15 curriculum errata before CFAI

Save your trouble: John Doe, D-bag You really couldn’t find another line in your career to add to your resume other than “Hey look at me, I’m marginally better at a test!”

Yeah, I agree that employers would probably look at listing it as a negative as it shows that you are trying to either 1) be a showoff or 2) need constant praise; both of which the organization wants none of. Leave it off, I mean me saying I passed Levels 1 and 2 with only 100 hours of study for each doesn’t make me any better than the next guy, just means a few of the guesses I had worked out, compared to the next guy. If you’re a Phd, does anybody care about the grades you got in grad school? No. They want to see a good research paper and thats it. It doesn’t matter how well you are at a MC exam, period.

If you failed, would you specify your fail band? Fail band 10 baby!

Top performance is too much. It’s subjective what you mean by top tier. Stating over 70% in all areas is fact, but I still wouldn’t put it.

I think equally impressive: john doe, fail band 1 That would take a lot of skillz!

exaclty! harder and harder after they cut the possible answers to 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

whodey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know its OK to list “CFA Level II Candidate” on > my resume, but would it be a violation to list my > level I performance like: “Obtained top > performance tier (>70%) in all topic areas of June > 2008 CFA Level I exam.” > > The standards generally stress facts over opinion > and this is certainly a fact. > > I know similar questions have been posted before, > but I couldn’t find anything specific to this > using search. Thanks. I think I worded it “scored above 70%”. Certainly not an ethical violation and you probably won’t be able to use it after LII, so do it while you can. With respect to the “D-Bag” comments, is saying you had a 4.0 GPA a douchey move?

The exam is pass/fail so your score is irrelevant beyond the min pass score. If your prospective employer was an economist he’d think you were dumb for overstudying where MU>MC.

whodey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know its OK to list “CFA Level II Candidate” on > my resume, but would it be a violation to list my > level I performance like: “Obtained top > performance tier (>70%) in all topic areas of June > 2008 CFA Level I exam.” > > The standards generally stress facts over opinion > and this is certainly a fact. > > I know similar questions have been posted before, > but I couldn’t find anything specific to this > using search. Thanks. Unethical? No. Lame? Yes. The ethical standards say that you can state “Passed all levels without failure” so you should be able to list your scores. Double edged sword: Someone who doesn’t understand the test may not be impressed with a mere 70% completeion rate.

you look like a clown getting into specs - put 2 cand and move on