CFA ebooks now available

@flushdraw: no kidding. lol

I am contemplating getting those, just in case. Though, I am pretty sure I am not going to use them, as I can’t read from the screen for a prolonged period of time. Do you find it worth the $50 bill?

nope, kind of sux, the online version (which i have to use at work because they won’t let us install anything) is border line horrible. the downloaded version is better but I’m with you, I read enough from the screen while at work.

Even I am not allowed to install anything here. Does the online version need any installation on local machine? Since there is absolutely no way that even a minute ‘.dll’ would be authorized to be executed here. I was thinking to use the online version to sneak in few lines at work and the downloaded version on my Laptop, just in case, if I feel like referring to the CFAI [e]books when Schweser is not enough.

the online version is a staight website, no install needed. but it aint much, fun. it’s kinda blurry and the navigation is horrible. If I had it to do over again, I’d go back to lugging the books.

Thanks jut111. I’ll think i’ll pull the trigger on this one. What’s another 50 bucks down the drain.

Either you can read the books on the website directly : online.vitalsource.com OR you can install vital source bookshelf. (You need .NET framework installed on your machine . I think it is integrated with Vista though) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Instructions on how to use VitalSource Bookshelf: 1. If you haven’t already, download and install VitalSource Bookshelf. ( http://www.vitalsource.com/index/downloads ) 2. Once VitalSource Bookshelf is installed, click the link below to automatically download your books. (You will receive a link in the email ) ------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if you use multiple monitors with external and internal video cards and a USB TV Tuner the Bookshelf download with your screens and won’t allow you to view it…hence I have to use the online version while at work. Sucks!

Comment allez-vous les gens?? Hello this is Léon, from the fashion capital of world. I just purchased CFAI L3 ebooks and will start studying sometime in Jan. Good Luck to all of us for this grande finale! - bonne journée