CFA Level 3 - MPS Estimate

For a band 9 with that Ethics score - is there really a point?

You never know. It would be hard for me to stomach a Band 9 or 10 failure. I would pay the $100 just in case

58%!!

I believe around 63% and I hope I will crush it

There’s never a point since there is not a single documented case of a reversal. That being said, I still donated my $100 to them for a Bank 10 fail. It’s hard not to even when you know there’s no chance of an overturn.

Look at these marginal pass / fails from 2014.

Realistically the MPS is probably around 62-66%.

Here’s what’s really vexing:

cpk passed with only 4 sections over 70 and 7 below 50

traveller failed with 7 sections over 70 and 6 below 50

let the nightmares begin

Don’t sweat it.

Realize how large of a zone <50 is though. We have no way of telling if that was a flat out 0 (very plausible on the AM section, especially with time constraits and candidates leaving questions blank) or even a really low number vs. say a 9 on a 20 point question. That’s a huge difference and is completely opaque to us.

You guys are going to drive yourself nuts going through old pass/fail matrices, especially before you even get yours. They tell *a* story but not a very clear one.

^^ you can still come up with a min/max idea

Bump

Who cares tbh dude you gotta just do your best. Unless you’re consistently scoring in the 80% range then test day is going to determine it all for you anyways. Tbh not worth spending time worrying about what minimum passing score is and just focus on getting your personal score higher. Can you beat 47% of people?

the way i look at it, 50 and 75 on AM and PM respectively are the thresholds that delineate a band 9, band 10 or a skin of teeth pass. anything you can get above a 50 and a 75 respectively gives you breathing room, and the ability to “eat” a big fat 0/10 on some ridiculous swap AM question.