CFA Level 3 - MPS Estimate

Actually if you re-read this persons post, they did faily with this matrix in 2015 with a Band 10

How the hell is this a band 10. You must have been right on the border for the bands. I only had 6 in the less than 50 band and 4 in the >70 and I scored in a band 8 last year.

Right you are. I was looking at the scores from ‘zero beta’. Man, that is a rough fail.

Yes and based on all the results I have seen here I am definitely the worse Band 10 I have seen. It shows how wide the actual results can differ within these bands and the small amount of information they really provide.

I just believe with all this discussion that its pre-decided. In CFAI Pre-Exam survey , they ask you a question, something like “Are you going to reapply for the exam next year?”. I don’t find any sense in asking this Q to a CFA L3 candidate, unless they have pre-decided to fail me or maybe if I reply, “no” they will clear me cos they can’t get more money from me next time. :wink:

So there is no MPS, everything is pre-decided.

Of course I am just trolling :-))

That is a horrible fail mate.

People are biased over here. There are two things 1. People over here doesnt represent the general public representative bias ( i believe people over here higher chance of pass) 2. How can one remain so much confident ( completing Am is one thing and to be correct another thing).

Based on second reason. Pm is the deciding factor. I believe anyone with 45/60 and above correct stand higher chance of pass.

In my oponion, MPS will be around 58-61%

I think you’re correct that AF people pass the test at a higher clip for Level 1 and, to a lesser extent, Level 2. I’m not sure it is a huge boost to L3: First, I’d say most L3 takers have heard of AF and have visited, even if they don’t have a login.

Also, I think you’re confusing causation with correlation. My thoughts are people that are on AF are simply more dedicated than other exam takers – which is important considering you have to study for six months on your own – more so than the knowlege one receives here, although I have learned some concepts from my colleagues here.

In my opinion, L3 test takers are more motivated for a few reasons: this is the final level so you’re so close to being finished. Second, the fact you’ve passed L1 and L2 means you’re more dedicated than those who haven’t.

The tl;dr version: I believe you’d find a statistically-significant difference between pass rates of AF users and non-AF users for L1, less so for L2. By the time you get to L3 I’d say there’s no difference because most L3 takers are here and are motivated.

I totally agree with your PM comment and think your MPS is in the neighborhood.

Don’t underestimate the MPS… There is one case from 2013 and 2014 and his score was around 64% was Band 10 fail

MPS around 60%-64.5% with +/- 2 margin of error

I hope based on the toughness of the first question that the MPS will be 49%

lower band 52% upper band 54%

60%-65% would be my guess.

I would have paid the $100 bucks for another look. This doesnt seem right

You guys are wasting precious time you could be spending on far more important things.

Such as…

Hmmm…well…I don’t know…maybe, things you actually have control over? Like your career? Having a life? Friends? Family? SOs?

Or you guys could continue speculating what the MPS may be based on all kinds of theories and formulas. Up to you, I guess, but I’d say the former has a higher ROI.

False Narrative: You can do all these things and still randomly speculate as to what the MPS will be for 5-10 minutes, much like you did all these things while committing 300-plus hours to studying for the CFA. What’s with half of AF that loves to tell people what that should be doing with their lives?

This was my Band 9. Pretty sure I had passed too.

• Your 40/60/80 score is: 58.2%
  • Your minimum score is: 41.9%
  • Your maximum score is: 70.3%

Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Institutional 14 - - * 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 17 - * - 3 Fixed Income Investments 19 - * - 4 Alternative Investments 20 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 14 - * - 7 Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Individual 16 * - - 9 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 15 * - - 10 Economics 14 * - - 11 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 18 * - -

Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 36 - - *

Did you go for the $100 retab?