CFA+MSF?

What do you guys think? I have heard a MSF can be a waste of money, but also heard that it can be very useful for recruiting as well as great knowledge to have. Just not sure if its worth it or not. I know the CFA is worth it but MSF is expensive and not sure if it gives the same benefits as a MBA. Anyone in here a MSF grad and can share the benifits with me?

MSF = Motorcycle Safety Course?

Masters in Finance?

Yes M.S. in Finance haha. some of the ones called it a MSF on the websites, like MSA for accounting. MSF for finance. I want your opinions, a lot of kids go get the MSA in accounting so that they can get requirements for the CPA and to re-recruit for big four jobs. Is the masters in finance like that too? A lot of them prep you for CFA it seems, but what if you pass some of the CFA and then go to a MSF. Just seems that if you guys are on the CFA track, MSF might be > MBA if you want to be an analyst or something focused.

SEARCH FUNCTION DOMINATES MSF!

i think it really depends on what program you want. for example, the part-time one that rotmans has in toronto is more for people already in the industry and just want the extra education or credentials. you also have access to the networks and career centre IMO opinion full-time programs are comparable to MBA

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SEARCH FUNCTION DOMINATES MSF! True true, but just looking for every little bit that can help. I am worried employers will say " so all you did was a bachelors?" “most of the hires here have a masters degree” not sure if the CFA trumps the masters degrees, but figure both can’t hurt.

better no masters than a masters from phoenix or creighton

MSF, MBA, CFA and NFL Cheerleader… Still unemployed. Cheers!

didnt mean to post twice…

MSF, MBA, CFA and NFL Cheerleader… Still unemployed. Cheers!

kimmer09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MSF, MBA, CFA and NFL Cheerleader… > > Still unemployed. > > Cheers! You have an NFL cheerleader?

funny… no. I am one.

what?

depends on the school. i don’t think my MSF is worth much.

kimmer09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MSF, MBA, CFA and NFL Cheerleader… > > Still unemployed. > > Cheers! try getting a job in investor relationship/sales/marketing i’m sure a lot of people would want to meet a NFL cheerleader anyways, heard european Msc has good placement like LSE/LBS. thats why i’m gunning for.

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > depends on the school. i don’t think my MSF is > worth much. +1. I learned a lot and it didn’t cost me anything (company reimbursed me), but I don’t think my MSF degree is worth much either.

I paid $20k out of pocket, employer picked up $15k.

My MSF definitely helped me get hired as well as improved my theoretical understanding and practical skillset. I went to Villanova, definitely got me into the interview for the job I have now. Very thankful for that.

Not sure what it is worth…I don’t think any level of educaton of worthless but that JMO. It all builds up your human capital. If you want to know what your total human capital is worth a good measure is to look at your pay cheque I like the course work and I enjoy the material presented and I think it is timely and relevant to the current situation current course is bank regs and banking crisis. It provides me more information on the international finanial markets and alot of theoretical readings that I wouldn’t get elsewhere. Its worth what its worth…I won’t be applying for a job but it gives me a general review and when I hire people to work for me directly or for my orgainization it gives me a better understanding of which role would be filled by somebody with an MBA (reputable) a CFA or a MSc Finance.