CFA opportunities Vs MBA

You make quite the sideshow!

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > eureka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My suggestion, get the certs first: CFA, FRM, > > CAIA, CPA. If you are smart, you should be > able > > to complete the exams in 2 years with correct > > timing. You can do this while you work too, so > > you will have the experience for grad school. > > > > Then, get the degrees: MBA, quant PHD, MD. > > > > Then, you will be truly prepared for your > career, > > whereever it takes you. > > lol. you forgot the most important degree - JD Why are you laughing? I was serious. A JD is a waste of time, since lawyers will be replaced with pile of dog poo in a few years.

For a career in Equity research/investment- CFA is better. For ibanking and worldly smart, leadership etc MBA is better. MBA finance will put you on i banking / Corp Fin track. Every thing in MBA is/can be more detailed than CFA except for Financial statements analysis. MBA tries to make you a decision maker and leader not an analyst. just my thought after doing MBA. S