CFA Sample Exam 1 - What Score Did You Get?

Did it last night…Goddamn 63% FML How did you guys do?

I did fine on sample 1 (73%)… sample 2 is the one I got slaughtered on (50%)

73 on 1st 80 on second.

jpripcordd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did it last night…Goddamn 63% > > FML > > How did you guys do? Do a search for Sample 1…a lot of us struggled, so don’t worry too much about it. I got a 56, though that was 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I’d like to think I’ve made progress since then.

Wouldn’t worry about it - only 30 questions. And ask yourself if it’s a question of retention or understanding… it’s probably more the former, and you’ll get there come exam time.

I originally took them in mid april, which I think was too early… scored a 60% on sample 1 and 56% on sample 2… re-took them this past week and a half and scored 83% - 80%… I did not remember any of the questions the second time through from the first time since there was a long gap in between… I certainly could tell a difference though in my comfort level from having an extra 4+ weeks in between the first time and second time I took them…

I’ve never really liked the format of these, being online and getting that instant feedback is just so different than the real thing. Not being able to come back to and ponder difficult questions throws me off as well. But, they do provide some insight into those tricky CFAI questions. Exam 1 - 70% Exam 2 - 63% (took before work this morning)

“re-took them this past week and a half and scored 83% - 80%… I did not remember any of the questions the second time through from the first time since there was a long gap in between” I’m sorry, but I just don’t believe in the whole “re-taking” of an exam and not remembering the tricks. Once you see a trick, it’s blown. Even if you take a couple months off, it’s still in the back of your mind (especially if you are seeing the exact same question)

Can someone of you confirm if – 1. Sample-1-2010 is the same as Sample-1-2009 2. Sample-2-2010 is the same as Sample-2-2009 A friend can give me his 2009 copies, so that I save on the $80.

I can’t really verify this since I didn’t take them last, but I’m pretty sure I saw a post saying that last year’s samples are this year’s free mock.

jpripcordd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “re-took them this past week and a half and scored > 83% - 80%… I did not remember any of the > questions the second time through from the first > time since there was a long gap in between” > > I’m sorry, but I just don’t believe in the whole > “re-taking” of an exam and not remembering the > tricks. Once you see a trick, it’s blown. Even if > you take a couple months off, it’s still in the > back of your mind (especially if you are seeing > the exact same question) you can believe it or not… i don’t really care… this is not like a mock exam that I have in front of me and can review and remember what the question was… once I take the samples there is no way to review it, so its hard to remember… there were plenty of questions that I got wrong the first time because i did not know formulas…the second time through after studying for another 4 weeks I had them down so I got it right…

Sample 1 - 66% Honestly despite my score I didn’t think it was too bad. Got frustrated with a couple of the equations and just made my best guess since I was afraid of running out of time… but in the real thing I would have marked it, come back to it, and probably figured it out. I agree the format really makes it tough, especially for someone (like me) that likes to think about things and then come back to it. One question away from a pass - I’ll take it!

^ same as my score.

76% on sample 2 - alternative investments gets me again! Overall happy with that, though.

53 on sample 1 two weeks ago, 76 on sample 2 yesterday. Thinking about retaking that sample 1 now that I’ve got more stuff down.

Is Sample1 difficult or Sample2?. What’s the general consensus here…

2 is easier

2 different samples of different topics…the distribution of scores, if anything, shows where people need to brush up. I think sample 2 was more quant-oriented (ie - derivatives, calculations)…not too sure though.

I thought 2 was harder, but that might have been because there was no ethics and ethics is my biotch.

Took sample exam 2 today - 76% (Derivatives - 3/6 and GIPS - 4/6) Sample exam 1 - 66% Aimee - we have same scores:)