CFA sample exam scores

Just did sample 1 - an 80 - was completely stoked, but am now feeling less pumped after seeing all these other impressive scores. agree with hh, i loved how straight-forward the exam was.

70 Sample 1 (free one - made a couple of dumb mistakes - not reading question) 70 Sample 2 (thought fixed income questions - 2nd item set - were very confusing / debatable at best) 83 Sample 3 - guessed lucky on a couple

Sample 1 = 83 Sample 2 = 76 Sample 3 90 My weakness so far has been ethics. Not sure if I’m overthinking or bad judgment. I remember on last year’s ethics there was a situation where the Portfolio Manager wasn’t following the IPS and I said he should be given another chance, and not be fired immediately. I’m not good at these grey areas.

Sample 1 - 86% Sample 2 - 80% Debating whether or not to take sample 3.

nice scores team. fixed income will be the end of me… 73% on sample 2 (paid) went 5/6 in every section except fixed income. also dropped a few easy questions by forgetting parts of really basic formulas. really basic! fck. i’m pretty disappointed with myself. i know, i know, shut up, it’s over 70, but you know what i mean. i think i’d only feel “safe” with a score over 90.

1. 83 2. 76 3. 90 ethics is killing me, need to do lot of AMC and ethics reading.

nothing is killing you, geeez. nice scores.

Nice job cfasf. Are you saving any exams for next week?

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nothing is killing you, geeez. nice scores. thanks, full disclosure i’m a retaker and studied hard this time. will take a week of next week. can’t afford another spring studying for this sht

yeah. i plan on doing the last volume 1 schweser exam this weekend. then the mock for early next week. and the last sample when i can fit it in. i’m not sure it’s a good idea to save the mock for so late in the game though. if i score shtty, that can damage me going into the exam. what about you? you’re saving the samples, right? you are going to slaughter test 2.

Yeah, I’m going to take the samples next week. I still have Schweser vol 2: 2am, 3am, 3pm that I could take as well. I’ll probably take one or two of those this weekend. I’m sure you’ll do well with the mock.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah. i plan on doing the last volume 1 schweser > exam this weekend. then the mock for early next > week. and the last sample when i can fit it in. > i’m not sure it’s a good idea to save the mock for > so late in the game though. if i score shtty, > that can damage me going into the exam. what > about you? you’re saving the samples, right? you > are going to slaughter test 2. i’d do the mock and sample as soon as i can… and i don’t see any value added of taking tests last week, very little upside. You’ll be fighting with stress last 3-4 days before the exam, forget about retaining anything. solve them tomorrow and saturday morning, spend the weekend on taking care of your weaknesses. You’ll feel more confident even if you get a lower score than you expect. I think the difficulty of the samples and the mock are very close to the real thing. But there were really really tricky questions last year. I didn’t see them in the samples. I got crushed in the morning session. I knew i was a fail when the clock hit 12. Terrible feeling. Afternoon was over 70 i guess. But didn’t help me to pass. My point is, the samples and the mock are too afternoon focused. The morning is the one that will bring you victory, especially first 3 questions. You must be in good shape for the afternoon, i have no doubt.

hey good talk, itstoohot. appreciate the feedback. maybe i will do the mock and sample this weekend… then do the schweser test on wednesday, my day off. that sounds good. and the rest of the days reviewing and trying to figure out what went wrong with fixed income on this last sample.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nice scores team. > > fixed income will be the end of me… > > 73% on sample 2 (paid) Wow, we sure are close on Sample 2. I just scored a 70% on sample 2, but only got 1 Fixed income question correct. For some reason, I just never really “get” fixed income. As for you and the mocks, I would agree that it should be taken this weekend so weak points can be revised over next week. I will be doing the same (Sunday I think).

60!!! :frowning:

70% on sample 1. Alternate Investment killed me. Always has. No idea wat is NACREIF unsmooth :frowning:

80, 83 and 73 - the first one was interrupted (did at work) by someone asking me some questions the last one was done when I was on a conf call so gave up all the calculation questions by random guessing However, due to the time constraint, I haven’t written any AM tests yet.

70, 83, 83

I just did one more, so now its: Sample 1: 60 % :frowning: Sample 2: 83 % :slight_smile:

Are sample 2 and 3 available for print? I hate doing it on the computer