CFA Scoring Method

Can anyone explain the CFA scoring method? I know that every question has 3 points to score. If you get the correct option then you get 3 points, does that mean that if you get the second best option you get 2 points and the least correct option 1 point? Please clarify.

no. Its either right or wrong. Do you really have any that kind of exam in Delhi? How did you pass l1?

CFA is very clear about their scoring policy on their website… they fully disclose all of that info if you do some searching, I do not know it off the top of my head tho… I think a better bet, would be to strive to get every question right on June 6th.

What’s the point of getting 3 points per question if its either right or wrong only ? Why not give 6 points per question, or even 7.35278 points per question then? Your score will always be a multiple of the number of points per question.

youre probably right bobsters, but really no need to speculate on what goes on behind closed doors… Lets do some math problems

Thats the whole point bobsters… maybe cfaboston could help on that , since he seems to be so clear about the scoring policies…

r.agg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thats the whole point bobsters… maybe cfaboston > could help on that , since he seems to be so clear > about the scoring policies… Your question itself was BS first of all.

bobsters Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s the point of getting 3 points per question > if its either right or wrong only ? Why not give 6 > points per question, or even 7.35278 points per > question then? Your score will always be a > multiple of the number of points per question. That’s their way to calculate things. Just remember you need 84/120 to pass.

CFAdreams Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > youre probably right bobsters, but really no need > to speculate on what goes on behind closed doors… > Lets do some math problems True. Wouldn’t be surprised if they just used a random number generator to allocate scores to everybody. :frowning:

how funny would that be if they allocate scores based on how many fees we have paid them and how large of a client we are.

84/120 ?? How can you be so sure?? and correct if I’m wrong, but if you get 3 points for every correct answer , then I think to maximum score would be 360 and not 120…

r.agg the thought process is that if you get 70% of the questions right, you will pass… whether that is 84/120 or 252/360… Just study and get 84 questions right, and we will try and explain it to you on the level 3 board

CFAdreams Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > r.agg the thought process is that if you get 70% > of the questions right, you will pass… whether > that is 84/120 or 252/360… Just study and get 84 > questions right, and we will try and explain it to > you on the level 3 board exactly. I really don’t understand why people think about all these craps before exams.

r.agg, if you spent more time studying instead of worrying about this you could probably score another 3 points on the exam. Or maybe its 9 points…Either way, control what you can control.

thanks zizou.

Point taken !

r.agg… you could be right, maybe its weighted differently… you could be wrong. we can sit here and debate or we can sit here and do some math problems… 70% should be close, strive for 100 tho… you cant control if they pass or fail you, just dont give them a reason to fail you

Point Taken! CFAdreams!

I think you should stop being so optimistic. Consider worst case (and most likely) scenario: 3 points if correct, 0 points if wrong.

Yes 70% is a sure pass. Didn’t you pass L1? Did you get partial score for guessing A when answer was B? There is no second best. Has it mentioned anywhere in practice exams? Why do you assume when it is not stated? BTW, I still think it was a crap question. Kid, concentrate on your studies.