CFAI not allowing affirmative action?

if I recall correctly there were only 4 black people at my exam in June, of which 2 were proctors. How does CFAI get around not adhering to affirmative action laws?

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if I recall correctly there were only 4 black > people at my exam in June, of which 2 were > proctors. > > How doesn’t CFAI get around not adhering to > affirmative action laws? Whats the point of your post? You in the mood for getting banned?

This is because CFAI is not actually hiring anyone, and because there is no definable mechanism by which CFAI can discriminate on the admission of candidates based on race or gender.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is because CFAI is not actually hiring > anyone, and because there is no definable > mechanism by which CFAI can discriminate on the > admission of candidates based on race or gender. Colleges don’t hire people and they have to follow diversity laws. Something doesn’t add up.

College admissions and CFA candidacy are like apples and oranges…

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is because CFAI is not actually hiring > > anyone, and because there is no definable > > mechanism by which CFAI can discriminate on the > > admission of candidates based on race or > gender. > > > Colleges don’t hire people and they have to follow > diversity laws. > > Something doesn’t add up. Only public universities (receiving funding), private ones may do as they please. Hence all girls universities, all boys universities, religious universities as well as some that even specify racial identity such as native american and african american universities. Anyhow, this is not the forum for this pointless discussion. If you want to keep asking stupid questions at least research the law first before telling us what adds up. The CFAi provides a service people pay for, they are no more forced to control candidate race than an ice cream shop is forced to limit customer composition by racial identity.

Worst thread ever

*grabs popcorn*

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is because CFAI is not actually hiring > > anyone, and because there is no definable > > mechanism by which CFAI can discriminate on the > > admission of candidates based on race or > gender. > > > Colleges don’t hire people and they have to follow > diversity laws. > > Something doesn’t add up. Colleges have a non-transparent admissions process in which candidates apply and are accepted or not. This is a mechanism in which discrimination can take place and is therefore a public policy target. CFAI candidates pay a fee, show that they have a college degree from anywhere (or 4 years of relevant work experience), and promise to abide by the CFAI code of Professional Conduct. The process is transparent (with the possible exception of having work experience validated) and there is no mechanism for active discrimination.

Yeah I guess you are right, the way CFAI sets up the process of enrolling and grading, etc everyone has the same opportunity. However, CFAI probably should be reaching out more to minorities. If I remember correctly I did have to fill out race when registering for CFA program, do you think they grade minorities on a different MPS curve(like they do at most top colleges, sadly)? I bet they do… lol, look at CFAI website nothing but pictures of Asians, Indians, and Caucasians. Very disturbing…

Who cares what the ethnic composition of CFA candidates is? The NBA has lots of black guys. It must be racist.

jeez! this is ridiculous … just trying to stir up some controversy where none exists while waiting for results?

I also smell some ageism going on. CFAI needs to reach out to senior citizens. This is quite disturbing.

Please don’t play the race card on your retab.

i’m not going to get into this impending mess- but I would like timotimo to explain what he means by “affirmative action laws” and 'diversity laws" what are those? honest question- I’ve never heard of such laws- perhaps policies?

another stupid post…

lock this down and delete it please. this should be his first warning. next time he gets banned.

I smell a lack of female talentism. CFAI needs to reach out more aggressively to hotter potential female candidates. This is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.

don’t feed the trolls

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I smell a lack of female talentism. CFAI needs to > reach out more aggressively to hotter potential > female candidates. > > This is the most disturbing thing I have ever > seen. LOL, the “This is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.” made me laugh