CFAI not allowing affirmative action?

I showed this thread to my Black friend that works as an Associate two offices down from mine and he is shaking his head in disappointment how many of you want me banned or telling me how this topic is “idiotic”. What is so bad in wanting more diversify? Apparently CFAI doesn’t care and so do most of you… very sad.

It’s not a question about wanting/not wanting diversity. Attributing the lack of black candidates in the CFA program (which has basically no admissions requirements) to a lack of affirmative action is not a rational thought.

Women probably make up less than 10% of the candidate pool. No concerns there?

This thread is depressing. This is even worse than the UOP graduate CFA guy. The level of stupidity in the candidate pool is going up every year.

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I showed this thread to my Black friend that works > as an Associate two offices down from mine and he > is shaking his head in disappointment how many of > you want me banned or telling me how this topic is > “idiotic”. > > What is so bad in wanting more diversify? > Apparently CFAI doesn’t care and so do most of > you… very sad. You have a black friend? That means you cannot be a racist,

absolute muppet

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I showed this thread to my Black friend that works > as an Associate two offices down from mine and he > is shaking his head in disappointment how many of > you want me banned or telling me how this topic is > “idiotic”. > > What is so bad in wanting more diversify? > Apparently CFAI doesn’t care and so do most of > you… very sad. Are you sure your friend isn’t shaking his head at you?

seriously can we ban this guy …no ones falling for ur attempt at strirring up affirmative controv …if u really wanted a honest and fair discussion you would have approached the topic differently instead of baiting…hope ur weiner stops working and ur wife starts dating ur best friend …apart from that i wish u well Sir

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I showed this thread to my Black friend that works > as an Associate two offices down from mine and he > is shaking his head in disappointment how many of > you want me banned or telling me how this topic is > “idiotic”. > > What is so bad in wanting more diversify? > Apparently CFAI doesn’t care and so do most of > you… very sad. And you didn’t suggest to him that he should sign up? Come on timotimo, be part of the solution.

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > What is so bad in wanting more diversify? Mostly the fact that your vocabulary / grammar here makes no sense. > Apparently CFAI doesn’t care and so do most of > you… very sad. Same goes here, I believe it would be “…and neither do most of you…” due to the fact that not caring is an inaction while “so do” implies an action. Look, the CFA is a completely optional, completely open program. I don’t understand why you feel an obligation to run around like a boss telling various demographics to do things they obviously don’t wish to do (as they haven’t signed up) based upon your sample of a single test session.

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …hope ur > weiner stops working and ur wife starts dating ur ^^^^ ^^^ > best friend …apart from that i wish u well > Sir wow, a scary and malicious curse, and this scene is definitely one of the worst and scariest thing could happen to a man. :S BTW, how can you tell solely from forum posts that the OP is a man married to a woman ?

Wouldn’t you have to include all the black people world-wide or alternatively all the Asian/European/South American/Africa worldwide and consider the diversification that way?

timotimo is just tired of AF and feels like being banned. I rate the troll job a Band 8, you are close to a pass. timotimo Fail Here is a summary of your result. Originality -*- Taste *-- Reader’s appreciation *-- Cojones --* Troll’s reaction to hostile comments -*- Entertainment factor -*-

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I showed this thread to my Black friend that works > as an Associate two offices down from mine and he > is shaking his head in disappointment how many of > you want me banned or telling me how this topic is > “idiotic”. > > What is so bad in wanting more diversify? > Apparently CFAI doesn’t care and so do most of > you… very sad. Based on your logic, or lack there of, I give you a 5% chance of getting through the CFA program. What don’t you understand about optional enrollment? You talk about wondering why the CFAI doesn’t “reach out” in an effort to have a more diverse pool of candidates. . . . The CFAI never once “reached out” to me trying to get me to enroll. I made the decision on my own just like everyone else. Sorry about it, but not one of your points makes any sense. Good luck.

hahaha Viceroy! awesome

nice one viceroy!!! @ whui if you’re not 21 tyhen ur best performing days are behind u…that being said trolls are immune to curses

In the process of crafting a email to NAACP about my concerns and when I finish will post so you guys can critique. Hopefully we will see some action from CFAI in time for next exam…

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the process of crafting a email to NAACP about > my concerns and when I finish will post so you > guys can critique. > > Hopefully we will see some action from CFAI in > time for next exam… i can see it now…Reverend Al Sharpton: man of God, racial harmony, communal equality, philanthropist, activist, MBA > CFA

timotimo = philip.platt??? get back on the meds, son. If you are joking, you are NOT funny. why imply/imagine discrimination where none exists? Hasn’t the world had way too much enough of this already? If you are serious, you are just totally nuts. Sorry to be so blunt.

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the process of crafting a email to NAACP about > my concerns and when I finish will post so you > guys can critique. > > Hopefully we will see some action from CFAI in > time for next exam… What exactly are you looking for NAACP to do? Force more blacks to take the CFA exam? Or do want to increase awareness of the CFA exam and related careers?