Check list for Saturday and Before

Am I forgetting anything. I don’t want to screw up the details. Saturday - Plenty of #2 pencils with good erasers - Calculator - Ticket - ID Before Saturday - Change Battery before Saturday - Go by testing area What am I forgetting. Any minor details that could trip me up? Also when I change my calculator batteries on the TI, are there any setting that I need to reset? I seem to remember reading somewhere about changing the p/y setting although I am not sure what that is.

Check to make sure your id isn’t expired.

have 2nd i/y set to 1… to make periods 1 per N

I’m going to bring some aspirin or excedrin to leave in the car, just in case

they should really make a texas BA II Plus with solar panels…

What kind of pencils are allowed? Must they be old school or can they be mechanical?

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What kind of pencils are allowed? Must they be > old school or can they be mechanical? Ha. Are you kidding?

Aren’t mechanical pencils allowed???

This is the same HB 2 pencils right??

no mechanical ones…

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KJH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What kind of pencils are allowed? Must they be > > old school or can they be mechanical? > > > Ha. Are you kidding? No I’m not kidding. After reading the exam center policy sheet, it does not specify what kind of pencils are allowed.

What type of pencil can I use during the exam? CFA Institute will permit candidates to use regular or mechanical pencils provided that they use Number 2 or HB lead. In the event that you are unable to locate a Number 2 or HB pencil, any pencil with soft lead/graphite will suffice. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candidates.html

Why not just buy a second calculator?

I will be bringing the following: - 3 #2 pencils (Dixon Ticonderoga) - 1 Bic 0.7mm #2 mechanical pencil (just in case I get frustrated with the old school pencils) - 1 Pentel Clic Eraser - 1 TA BA II Plus old style calculator - 1 TA BA II Plus Pro - 1 New Energizer CR2032 battery loaded into the BA II Plus - 1 set of earplugs - 1 Staedler pencil sharpener - Exam Ticket - ID I will leave in the trunk some drinks (water or gatorade), and bring some knock-off excedrin just in case a headache creeps in the afternoon. Cell phone will stay in the car.

mechanicals are aloud- there are #2 mechanical pencils now! Just look for the cheapos from bic, it will say it right on there…

I have a watch that uses the same battery as the BAII Calc, so that will be my backup battery…I will be the guy going all MacGuyver in the middle of the exam taking apart his watch to get his calc running again, but hey its a backup.

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a watch that uses the same battery as the > BAII Calc, so that will be my backup battery…I > will be the guy going all MacGuyver in the middle > of the exam taking apart his watch to get his calc > running again, but hey its a backup. You could just as well go to Futureshop or Best Buy, buy one, and leave it in its packaging in your schoolbag. If EVER you do need it, rip it apart and use it. If you don’t… return it…

if you buy any lead for a mechanical pencil, just read the outside. If it says HB, its a #2. I just replaced all the lead that came with my mechanicals to be sure.

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tvPM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I have a watch that uses the same battery as > the > > BAII Calc, so that will be my backup > battery…I > > will be the guy going all MacGuyver in the > middle > > of the exam taking apart his watch to get his > calc > > running again, but hey its a backup. > > You could just as well go to Futureshop or Best > Buy, buy one, and leave it in its packaging in > your schoolbag. If EVER you do need it, rip it > apart and use it. If you don’t… return it… CFAi says on their website that you can’t bring the battery in while it’s still in the package. It has to be removed.

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > meazza Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > tvPM Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I have a watch that uses the same battery as > > the > > > BAII Calc, so that will be my backup > > battery…I > > > will be the guy going all MacGuyver in the > > middle > > > of the exam taking apart his watch to get his > > calc > > > running again, but hey its a backup. > > > > You could just as well go to Futureshop or Best > > Buy, buy one, and leave it in its packaging in > > your schoolbag. If EVER you do need it, rip it > > apart and use it. If you don’t… return it… > > CFAi says on their website that you can’t bring > the battery in while it’s still in the package. > It has to be removed. I already own 2 BA II plus, one never used and one that has basically been with me since the beginning, but just in case, I’m going to go buy a third one at FS or BB, put it in my school bag which won’t be anywhere near the exam room (separate room to put clothes and stuff), and if ever I need it, I go get it. If not, keep it in the packaging and return it since I have 15-30 days money back guaranteed. I wrote the exam in December and there is a room where you could put all your coats and bags before you go in the exam room.