Check ur progress thread.

SS3 Multiple Regression, hoping to start Eco on Friday latest!

Hoping to finish off SS3 this weekend and start on 4! still trailing 2 weeks behind my planned schedule!

Iginla2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Good luck with your MBA apps. Where are you > applying, if you don’t mind sharing? What was your > GMAT score? Thanks Iginla, I’m happy to report that apps are all done! I applied to Chicago (dinged), NYU (accepted), Yale (accepted), and waiting to hear back from Columbia RD. GMAT was a 770, which definitely helped!

WOW! nice job on nailing the GMAT Nick. Congrats on Stern. Good luck with Columbia. So, if you don’t get Columbia, which school would you pick? I would take Stern over Yale, but it’s my opinion. If you get Columbia, there is no debate :). What’s your opinion on Manhattan GMAT series? Kaplan? I’m writing GMAT soon and will be starting aps for the “early” round for 2011 intake. Keep me updated, and hopefully we can stay in touch. What’s your email address?

NickTW Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Iginla2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Good luck with your MBA apps. Where are you > > applying, if you don’t mind sharing? What was > your > > GMAT score? > > > Thanks Iginla, I’m happy to report that apps are > all done! I applied to Chicago (dinged), NYU > (accepted), Yale (accepted), and waiting to hear > back from Columbia RD. GMAT was a 770, which > definitely helped! What’s your e-mail address? I’d like to pick your brain about the Stern application process, if you don’t mind.

Done with (including CFAI EOC Q’s): Ethics, Quant, ECON, FSA, ALTERNATIVES, SS1 of Equity.

Email is nick t wells @ yahoo com . Pretty busy with work/CFA/etc, so apologies if I don’t get right back to you. I like NYU over Yale right now, especially with my career aspirations in finance/IM. If Columbia works out (don’t like my chances, essay #3 was brutal …), it’s a done deal. Otherwise, I think I’ll be in The Village next year. I used primarily the OG, and various MGmat books tailored to my weaknesses. I took a two day Veritas intensive review the week before the exam, but I’m not sure if it was worth the money (I signed up before studying, and was scoring mid 700s during practices when I started class). To avoid sending this thread offtopic, send me an email if you have more questions and I’ll try to help.

just done 1st reading of ethics…started FSA…found it difficult…skipped it after reading 10-12 pages…took up corp fin…skipped it reading 5-6 pages…now started Quant…lets hope i don’t have to skip this.

Currently going through CFAI and doing all EOC. Started in early November and studied sporadically, got more serious towards the end of the month: Topic Finish Date Quant 5th December Econ 6th December Corporate 13th December Finance Portfolio Management 22nd January Derivatives 24th January

Essentially just starting… oh well.

Gotten behind because of travel and work, but oh well, here is an update: Topic Finish Date Quant 5th December Econ 6th December Corporate 13th December Finance Portfolio Management 22nd January Derivatives 24th January Equity 15th February Alternative Assets 23 March Hope to finish the entire material by Easter! ______________________ Currently going through CFAI and doing all EOC. Started in early November and studied sporadically, got more serious towards the end of the month: Topic Finish Date Quant 5th December Econ 6th December Corporate 13th December Finance Portfolio Management 22nd January Derivatives 24th January

lol I was more impressed by the progress of nicktw’s apps with b-schools than the progress this thread is really intended to measure. So what happened to Columbia Nick? Right now, done w all readings. Now reviewing, making notes for Econ. Going through all books again, hopefully 1 book a weeks so I’ll have most of May to just review and solve and solve and solve.

how is everyones progress going? I started a new job and so have been very very busy and as a result havnt started :frowning: ! Im going to be starting tonight after work. Going to be reading Schweser notes only and then hitting non stop practice papers for last 2 weeks. I know my chances are slim to none given just 70ish days left but i gotta give it a shot given ive registered and paid for the exam and schweser materials. any advice/do you think i have any chance of passing? (i passed level 1 in 2months but i was at home so was able to do atleast 3-4 hrs a day, but ive heard level 2 is much muuch tougher than level 1) Thanks

People are everywhere. Several people are done with reading, several are just starting now… mixed bag me personally, I’m at 66.42% done with curriculum. shooting for 30day exam prep

I tried the 1st am Schweser practice exam from book 1 today, I made sure I was away from any reference material in another room. Time was not an issue, there were a few questions which I knew, but couldn’t quite put the final detail together, so guessed in the right direction. Compared to the slog of L1, the 60 questions wasn’t too harsh, but not many areas were covered as appears to be the lottery nature of L2. I thought I could do better, but came away with 42/60 correct which is 70% !. Good to see the areas I didn’t quite know as well as I thought I did…Onward!!!

Just finished the last book of the CFAI curriculum. Wow what an accomplishment that was. Gonna read over Quant, Econ and FSA and then start taking some practice exams. Figure 2 months of review/test taking should be enough but then again, there is so much friggin material and these days go by so quickly.

perdition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I tried the 1st am Schweser practice exam from > book 1 today, I made sure I was away from any > reference material in another room. > > Time was not an issue, there were a few questions > which I knew, but couldn’t quite put the final > detail together, so guessed in the right > direction. > > Compared to the slog of L1, the 60 questions > wasn’t too harsh, but not many areas were covered > as appears to be the lottery nature of L2. > > I thought I could do better, but came away with > 42/60 correct which is 70% !. > > Good to see the areas I didn’t quite know as well > as I thought I did…Onward!!! Wow that is impressive getting 70% on the Schweser Practice exams especially with over 70 days to go. I’m through all the material, I did all of the Schweser EOC’s, 3/4 of the Stalla EOC’s, 5 readings worth of the CFAI EOC’s and about 350 Q bank questions. Now that I am through the material I plan on doing the rest of the CFAI EOC’s and allot of the Q-bank then Step up to the Practice Tests mid next month.

Ive been through the curriculum a couple of times. I’m doing Qbanks, and then doing EOC’s as well, especially in my weak areas. Ive done all equity EOC’s, some derivatives, some port management and about 200 Qbanks so far, I’m trying now to get an EOC set and a 60Q qbank a day with a day every so often to do some random eocs for my weakest subjects to backtrack over my qbank misses. This is my second pass at the exam, so some of the info stuck. I’m making 72ish on the Qbank 60Q CFA exam weighted. I feel pretty good that Ill do ok on the exam by the time it gets here. I really have a pretty good what my weak areas are and feel like i can get them covered in time…

cpepin,Thanks…I was pleasantly surprised…To be honest, it is not impressive or even representative…what I take away from it was, 60 questions is fine,but if certain sections came up as questions that I was less prepared for, I could have come in at 45-50% correct…believe me I feel far from comfortable at this stage…Good luck with your studies…

Doing the course the first time, I have done Book1 of Schweser. On Corporate Finance section in Book2. Got two whole months free ahead of me. Can I complete and then revise the whole course and get on with some amazing practice exams sessions in this much time of 60 days?