Clip on ties? is it ever appropriate?

i got to do it for mba school. whats everyones thoughts for clip on ties?

I think that they’re perfectly fine.

For a six-year-old.

7 Likes

Get yourself a couple of nice, silk ties - and learn how to tie them!!! :necktie: :man_in_tuxedo:

Clip-on ties: ay mijo!!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

harsh guys

What about a clip-on bow tie, did you try one of those? If you can pull off that look, you are a confident man indeed.

i was just thinking of buying a new tie since i havent worn 1 in forever. but i wanted to get 1 of the pre tied ones to save time. but i have 3 real ties knotted right now ready to go, i just havent used them in forever and was thinking to skip the pretense and go with a permanent knot. lol

:face_with_monocle:

What about a real bow tie?

Are you concerned that he can’t tie shoelaces?

lol with that said. i do prefer shoes without shoelaces. is that a bad thing as well?

Where to begin?

Don’t speak, I know just what you’re sayin’
So please stop explainin’
Don’t tell me ‘cause it hurts
Don’t speak, I know what you’re thinkin’
I don’t need your reasons
Don’t tell me 'cause it hurts

Bolo or bust.

Pair that with some Tecovas and a ten-gallon hat, and nobody asks you any questions.

. . . and a pair of six-guns (where open carry is permitted) . . . .

When in Rome…

A TERRIBLE idea. You might as well wear a scarlet polyester suit while you’re at it.

I’ve handtied my bowties for over a decade now. Here’s the website where I order mine: https://www.bowtieclub.com. Kirk Hinckley is the owner, and he’s extremely knowledgeable. Here’s an excellent YouTube video that shows you how to do it:

Highly recommended!!

2 Likes

StrategyGuy! How you been, man? I always figured you were a bow tie man…

allright what about buying suit outfits at nordstrom? I’ll admit that for the last 10 years ive been buying my crap at macys. lol
also in my defense i rented a tux for a wedding and they gave me a zipper tie. so i thought it was ok to do so in a business setting as well.