CONFIDENCE = BLOWN

Band 6 Re-taker here. I had taken the Schweser 1 AM&PM, 2 AM&PM, and scored: 78% 77% 78% 78% This was about 8-10% better than last year. I was feeling good. Understood alot more than last year. I take the 2011 CFAI Mock Exam and score a 68% on the AM section. Seriously. WTF. Last year I scored a 68% on the CFAI Mock AM as well. No change. Not sure what else I can do, or how I can study better next year. I don’t know if I can go through another year of Level II…

68% in mocks is a pass. I don’t know why you guys don’t understand that. When you are me, you’d be scoring 28%. I do worse than a monkey circling randomly. :frowning:

2011 mock is harder than 2010. You’ve improved.

Nobody understands that because it’s your personal opinion…not relevant to the reality though. A mock score doesn’t mean anything except shows how prepared you are overall but on exam day it all comes down to the exam itself, not how did on a mock. first off, why is a 68% a pass anyway…the arbitrary 70% seems like the score to try and achieve.

im on the same boat as you. i scored a 70% on that AM exam, but got an 83% on the pm section… we need to get lucky with the vignette combo this saturday.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/normancafe/StudyRoom_CFA_passscore.htm you’ll be fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4 everything little thing is gonna be alright

pepp what are you talking about. I just told you I got a 68% on last years mock and got BAND 6. 68% on a mock is NOT a pass.

That’s rather a encouraging post. However, if MPS is somewhere in the mid 60s, then why do only 40% of Level II candidates make the cut? snakeye85 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/normancafe/StudyRoom_ > CFA_passscore.htm > > you’ll be fine.

Robert A Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s rather a encouraging post. However, if MPS > is somewhere in the mid 60s, then why do only 40% > of Level II candidates make the cut? > > snakeye85 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/normancafe/StudyRoom_ > > > CFA_passscore.htm > > > > you’ll be fine. I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive.

Same here PistolPT. I’m a little shocked that the morning mock was a killer, I’d say I know 90% of the material right now but still can’t remember everything yet. ! I’m in band 6 as well last year, and if I don’t make it this year, I’m not going to go through this again. My strategy is that, I’m going to concentrate with something I know and make sure I remember them. No point learning new stuff now.

My mock exam scores have actually been getting slowly worse. I’m tried and rushing through them. The exams in Book 2 are noticeably harder than those in Book 1 on averae I’ve found. I just did Exam 6 and scored a 78.

Kaboobies and PistolPt did you both study this hard lst year as well?

To make a comparison to 2010 mock I would apply a 10-15% discount to your score from last year. Difficulty level and quality are way different. I bet you if you redo it now your score will be in 80 range easy. PistolPt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Band 6 Re-taker here. I had taken the Schweser 1 > AM&PM, 2 AM&PM, and scored: > 78% > 77% > 78% > 78% > This was about 8-10% better than last year. I was > feeling good. Understood alot more than last > year. > > I take the 2011 CFAI Mock Exam and score a 68% on > the AM section. Seriously. WTF. Last year I scored > a 68% on the CFAI Mock AM as well. No change. > > Not sure what else I can do, or how I can study > better next year. I don’t know if I can go through > another year of Level II…

1st year I studied the same way as I did for Level I (I killed Level 1 on first try). Obviously that doesn’t work as I’m sure people here can tell you. This year I studied much harder (and for longer). Kaboobies and I are in the same boat apparently.

i F’ING hate time series analysis !

I thought there was only a CFAI 2011 mock for PM section… and then old exams for 2008-2010 AM section posted on the website, what am I missing?

you thought what again? i didnt get ya there.

mr_moose Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you thought what again? i didnt get ya there. The author said: 2011 CFAI Mock Exam and score a 68% on the AM section the mock exam posted on CFA’s website just has the PM section, they didn’t post an AM section, unless I missed something?

You did miss something big buddy. The entire test is on the website (AM&PM). PistolPt probably hasn’t taken the PM section yet.