CONFIDENCE = BLOWN

http://www.cfainstitute.org/mycfa/candidate/Resources/studyaids/practice/Pages/mock_exams.aspx just has afternoon session for level III can someone please post a link to the morning session?

are you drunk or something?

Guys, I want to introduce you to the competition: kn05vc

bro are you serious?

i really want to believe that site about passing from about 2003…somehow I just cant bring myself to

not drunk, just in the wrong forum, thought it was level III, I think I’ve hit the point of diminishing returns, good luck everyone, I got 70 on last year’s mock and passed, you can pull it off man

sdanalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i really want to believe that site about passing > from about 2003…somehow I just cant bring myself > to i think it’s still accurate, but the problem is that 1% level has moved up substantially as people get smarter about how to take the test. i would not be surprised to find that the top 1% score like a 94%, such that the MPS is like 66%. it’s not going to be like 50-60%…

kn05vc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not drunk, just in the wrong forum, thought it was > level III, I think I’ve hit the point of > diminishing returns, good luck everyone, I got 70 > on last year’s mock and passed, you can pull it > off man Hahaha Epic

I find it hard to believe 1% of the test takers on this thing are getting 94% on the exam

sdanalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I find it hard to believe 1% of the test takers on > this thing are getting 94% on the exam look at omar’s score. the guy got 59/60 on the 2009 mock. i think 90-94% is easily doable for the top 1% who really master this material. it’s just not that hard if you have enough time and patience to completely absorb the material.

I don’t really believe that link since it references something back in 2003. I think I just entered high school in 2003… I thought Apple was dead in the water in 2003… things change a lot since 2003. What’s with the /360 anyway? When did any test involve 360 questions? With that being said, questions get tossed out of exams. So your 68% out of 60 questions could be >70 if you got all the ones that count :D. Hope it makes you feel better.

each question is worth 3 points, hence the 360 points. I will stand by my theory that 1% are not getting 94%, feel free to disagree

yo has anyone taken that online mock exam by schweser? I thought it would be weaksauce but got my @ss handed to me with a 72 i cant believe so many ppl have done eoc’s like 3 times. they will pass for sure. i been scoring like mid 70’s on the mocks but still feel so f’d for this thing

momoneymoproblems Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yo has anyone taken that online mock exam by > schweser? I thought it would be weaksauce but got > my @ss handed to me with a 72 > > i cant believe so many ppl have done eoc’s like 3 > times. they will pass for sure. i been scoring > like mid 70’s on the mocks but still feel so f’d > for this thing Dude. I am right there with you. I keep hitting the mid 70s, but am still worried about this thing. It all comes down to luck. If I get the right vignettes I could easily crank out an 80, but if the cards don’t come my way I could easily score in the 60s.

yea man, i remember the exam last year being crazy tough like the first cfa sample exam i’m pretty sure we’ll see 3 vignette’s concerning impairments on goodwill, investments, long lived assets, and inventory, and their differences in treatment under IFRS and GAAP, in which case i will be so fd i don’t understand how it is physically possible to memorize all this shyt

Why would work to the point of scoring a 94? Just to be a d*ck?

Hello Gents… the author of the thread is back. Just got an 82% on the PM section. But don’t worry, my confidence is still blown. I think alot of those were lucky guesses. I still can’t get over the 68% from the AM. I kind of would like to go back and take the 2010 Mock, but sadly I don’t think I have the energy. Tomorrow is just going over my 150 notecards to get them down cold. Anyone here taking this thing for the 3rd time?

PistolPt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello Gents… the author of the thread is back. > > Just got an 82% on the PM section. But don’t > worry, my confidence is still blown. I think alot > of those were lucky guesses. > > I still can’t get over the 68% from the AM. > > I kind of would like to go back and take the 2010 > Mock, but sadly I don’t think I have the energy. > Tomorrow is just going over my 150 notecards to > get them down cold. > > Anyone here taking this thing for the 3rd time? pistol, this is my first time and i dunno if i am ready for it. could you please tell me how you handled that “fail”? I want to get ready for the worst…you will pass this time for sure

68,82 puts you at 75, well into the safe ground if you even come close to replicating that on Saturday, relax have a beer get a goodnight sleep, do some review tomorrow and go ace it.

passme Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pistol, this is my first time and i dunno if i am > ready for it. > could you please tell me how you handled that > “fail”? I want to get ready for the worst…you > will pass this time for sure Failing once is not the end of the world. So I handled it pretty well. Smart guys in my office failed at least one level once. Make some notecards for formulas next year and go through them once a week every week - get all the formulas into your head so on test day its just the thinking questions that will bug you… Failing twice, now that’s something different. I don’t know how to handle that.