CONFIDENCE = BLOWN

3rd timer here… Well… that was embarrassing. Hopefully it makes some of you feel better though… I didn’t really study that hard the first time though since I was due to fly to Kazakhstan 2 days after and got into trouble over my visa and spent a lot of time sorting it out - unsuccessfully i might add. I think the hardest part is no-one in my office has heard of CFA and it is difficult to convince people that it makes the CPA look like pre-school. I’m in bad shape this year though. Should have taken a year off after the second one. I didn’t have the energy or drive to commit fully as the return just starts to seem so detached from reality. None of the stuff we learn is related to my job and that makes a big difference to me. My best advice is all or nothing. Unless you’re a lot smarter than me, then that’s what it requires. That is the only way you can avoid that sick feeling you have at the pit of your stomach right now. Good luck to the rest of you though… don’t think i’ll be back this way again after this weekend…

PC79 I studied as hard maybe harder actually last year, but due to time constraints I didn’t finish covering all the materials. This time I read most of the material but the mock exam is a lot harder. I’m not sure how hard the real one would be this time. Last time, the difficulty of the mock was relatively close to the real thing but the topic shifted quite a bit. PistonPT You can do it man. You’ve come this far. Go kill the exam tomorrow.

I’m a third time band 8 retaker. My scores have been between high 50’s to mid 60’s for the mocks this year. Seem to have forgotten lots of formulas and my retention is worse this year. Anyway, good luck to you guys! PistolPt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello Gents… the author of the thread is back. > > Just got an 82% on the PM section. But don’t > worry, my confidence is still blown. I think alot > of those were lucky guesses. > > I still can’t get over the 68% from the AM. > > I kind of would like to go back and take the 2010 > Mock, but sadly I don’t think I have the energy. > Tomorrow is just going over my 150 notecards to > get them down cold. > > Anyone here taking this thing for the 3rd time?

Pistol, Right with you bro. 70 on the AM session. It was pretty tough and the topics were not my strongest. I don’t like seeing AI and Quant together.

Seems like most people are finding the 2011 CFA mock. AM at least, to be confidence killer. This is my first time at lv 2 and I’ve never been more worried (=scared!) about taking an exam. I can only hope that the real exam will seem easier after doing the mocks, and the right combo’s come up.