Confidence Has Dropped from 100% to 0%

The strange thing that will occur – if you pass – is that when CFAI releases the AM questions and answers in November you may go back and read them and think to yourself – “WTF?” In otherwords, you will look at the questions and literally rub your eyes thinking that you have absolutely no clue where to begin to answer them. You will tell youself that, since you passed, you must have answered (mostly) correctly, but when you look at the questions a second time, six months after the earlier cramming and study sessions, your brain is literally flushed of attack vectors – you passed, you thought you were smart, and now you are dumb all over again.

eh. this isnt even in my bucket list. i only have two:

a hunnit million dollaz and a bad chick.

Tomorrow is the D day and I never felt so anxious before. I took the exam last year and I failed it with the band 9, which appears to be doing poorly in the AM section (my terrible handwriting probably was a part of it). This year I put more emphasis on the AM section and I think it was not that bad, except for the time constrain. For the PM section, I was going through it and kept saying to myself “you can do it, it is not so hard” and then when I went through 2/3 of it, the questions started getting more difficult and took much more time. I felt OK after the exam, but from my experience, it is never possible to predict how well you do on a CFA exam. I went through almost all CFA sample questions posted on the website about a week before the exam and my result would not be consistent. I attributed that to the questions being kind of tricky and time consuming and expected the same type of questions on the exam; however, the exam questions were more straightforward. At this point, if I fail the exam again, I most likely not going to retake it.

I’ve been told English actually might be an impediment for native speaker on the L3 because many of them tend to write paragraphs of useless stuff unrelated to the questions while non-native speakers tend to get to the point of the question concisely and quickly.

Sounds more cultural than anything

And speaking of rich suburbian kid problems: 3 conf calls today but Xanex FTW this morning cool

is CFA cultural ?

I agree but also want to point that non-native English speakers whose mother tongue is alphabet-based are likely to have better comman in English that non-native English speakers whose mother tongue is say Chinese.

who is this cunt New York LIfestyle. Tyler4040, you got this man. Remember that bet you havfe with the nerd Itera?

He’s S2000magician’s best friend, don’t you know that??

You’re a typical mainstream bigot racist who truly believes you have to be ‘white’ in order to gain an edge in life. Here are some fact about myself before you start calssifying me as an ivy leaguer born with a silver spoon in their mouth. The nerve of some of these e-douchebags is astonishing.

While societal norms classify me as white, I have olive skin tone with a eastern/southern european slant. My grandfather was a 2nd generation Jewish Orphan.

I came from a mid-to-lower income family, my dad was a blue collar worker and my mom took care of the house

I was held back a grade in elementary school, i’ve alway been ‘behind’ my peer group

I was a paperboy (yeah they existed then) from the age of 12-17, worked in the dairy department at a grocery store from age 17-21 and held a job as a waiter until I graduated college.

I went to a local junior college, then a sub-par state school - worked the entire time with the exeption of the last 8months of college. I took 18+ units a semster and graduated within 2-years of transferring with a double major in Finance & Economics. I had $15 in my bank account when I received my first pay check, so little that I had to overdraft my account to get my car out of a SF parking gargage after a week of new joiner orientation.

I paid for all of my college tuition

I’m paying for all of my wifes graduate school tuition

I never received a scholarship, grant, or other government subsidies outside of income tax relief from tutition expenses. I made <15k a year until I graduated so the assistance from the government was putrid at best.

I never took the SAT

I never took the GMAT

I took the CFA, with my primarily go-to being the CFAI material

If i’m more successful than you or some non-white smuck, I assure you it’s not because the difference in skin tone. It’s because I have balls of steel and work really hard. Passing level-III will not (critically) determine yours or my own sucess, that’s the point of my original post.

Non English speaking/writing people 100% have a disadvantage. No reason to even continue this thread.

I’m English-only writer, and I know a grader who swears by it too.

Agree, but end of the day English is one of the world’s primary trade languages.

lol, must be a Texan boy.

If I am a cunt, I must be your trashy mother.

If you’re so hard working, maybe you should consider what it is like for someone living in a 3rd world, highly competitive, at times over food, country, and not spew your “stupid test” comments. This test is make or break to a lot of people.

Can’t we all just get along and talk about, say, error messages??

Thanks man… I’ll be drinking New York Lifestyle’s tears and Itera’s blood come tomorrow!

Perhaps third world conditions arise due to a lack of hard work.

Mine changed this morning

hehehehehe… I like this TopperH… btw, I have had the long one all along until today…