Consolidated "hold my hand" thread

is december harder than june? where’s my test centre? are 4 hours enough to make me master level 1? will i ever be a baller like gordon gekko?

chad, that last part doesnt apply anymore. the up-to-date term is “will i ever be a balla like madoff?” zinnngggggg

i dont get why all the accounts disappear during a consolidation. where do they go?

Hello all, I work in IT but my under grad is in History from a University less than 50 years old, paradoxical I know but hear me out before you beraid me with insults. I work down the hall, and three floors down from the Portfolio Management team of my firm and I was wondering how hard it would be to make the transition from IT with a degree in History from a paradoxically youthful university to Portfolio Management. The Portfolio Manager I spoke with mentioned that I should earn my CFA designation, while the Institutional Sales Director gasped when he heard me repeat what the Portfolio Manager had told me and said that the only reason why anyone would say such a thing would be to befuddle the truth. The IS Director said that the CFA is the poor man’s MBA and it will never get you serious consideration from Instutional Clients. With this knowledge in hand, I returned to the Portfolio Manager to challenge him on his assertion that the CFA was indeed superior and you know, he told me that the most important thing to remember is that the only reason why god created the MBA is so that people with more money than brains could have a credential as well. With that as a backdrop and keeping in mind that while I can probably attain an offer from a Tier 1 MBA school while only attaining funding for a Tier 2 out of state school, which is my best route to take if my career objective is to become a successful Venture Capitalist?

Amazing ditch. Simply amazing

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Amazing ditch. Simply amazing +1 Also, can I bring my phone into the test center? What type of calculators can I use? What’s the test format? Do I really have to know all of this material?

Good news, everybody!!! The test just go easier!!! http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/sample.html

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Amazing ditch. Simply amazing > > > +1 > > Also, can I bring my phone into the test center? > What type of calculators can I use? What’s the > test format? Do I really have to know all of this > material? +1 Calculator questions drive me crazy.

I’m not really a “numbers” person. Do you think the CFA is for me?

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello all, > > I work in IT but my under grad is in History from > a University less than 50 years old, paradoxical I > know but hear me out before you beraid me with > insults. I work down the hall, and three floors > down from the Portfolio Management team of my firm > and I was wondering how hard it would be to make > the transition from IT with a degree in History > from a paradoxically youthful university to > Portfolio Management. The Portfolio Manager I > spoke with mentioned that I should earn my CFA > designation, while the Institutional Sales > Director gasped when he heard me repeat what the > Portfolio Manager had told me and said that the > only reason why anyone would say such a thing > would be to befuddle the truth. The IS Director > said that the CFA is the poor man’s MBA and it > will never get you serious consideration from > Instutional Clients. With this knowledge in hand, > I returned to the Portfolio Manager to challenge > him on his assertion that the CFA was indeed > superior and you know, he told me that the most > important thing to remember is that the only > reason why god created the MBA is so that people > with more money than brains could have a > credential as well. With that as a backdrop and > keeping in mind that while I can probably attain > an offer from a Tier 1 MBA school while only > attaining funding for a Tier 2 out of state > school, which is my best route to take if my > career objective is to become a successful Venture > Capitalist? Ditch, reading this made me jizz in my pants.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not really a “numbers” person. Do you think > the CFA is for me? +1

Will CFAI provide a formula sheet or I have to bring my own?

i am currently in junior college and i’m planning on taking the first cfa exam in 5 years will i be able to sign up for the level 2 exam in my final year if i pass level 1?

please send me every note you’ve ever taken. Thanks!

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JensensalphaMale Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Chi Paul Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > sublimity, try baby wipes. > > > > > > I was going to say Paper Towels. I guess your > > suggestion is probably more kind. > > Wait, you mean baby wipes “after” my hand pokes > through? > (gotta get under the fingernails still) > > Or do you mean baby wipes “instead” of toilet > paper? > > Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Guys, you have this all wrong - you have to go with the BA II Plus Pro. Some people say the real finance guys only go for the HP 12c because the reverse polish quilting pattern is far superior once you get used to it… but my personal preference is for the thicker, BA 2-Ply Pro.

Hello All: I studied Marketing in undergrad but would like to make a transition to finance after recently reading Lair’s Poker. My questions are: How is getting a CFA/CPA going to help me pursue a career in trading/banking? And how much do CFAs make? Thanks!

I passed the Series 7 Exam, how similiar is that to Level 1 of the CFA?

Hey guys, I have a 3.05 GPA from marketing at Athabasca college. What is my best approach to apply to Goldman Sachs investment banking division? Please, advice.

An oldie, but a goodie (re-formatted for readability) Dear CFA Candidates : I hope that we all be luckey and get what we looking for, yesterday i set for the exam of th CFA L1, and i have some comments that i’d like to tell and asking about and i hope that i can find what i’m looking for chez toi. i’ll said what i want in the form of point to brief what i want: 1. i read the text books and the schwezer notes then i pass through the old exam questions and used the TEST BANK which was free to download through the ALLNs. site which was about 8000 questions, and in the last few weeks before the exams i used the TESTNET of the Sulman review both the 3 sample exam and the questions about the sessions which was available in thier site; and get the JKE exams. 2. i was really shocked and disappointed when i read the actual exam yesterday morning bcz it is really completly defferent from what i have ever seen, i know that they said it is clear that th actual exam will be defferent about the exams that you have been pass through. 3. my point here my Dears simply is that; we all as candidates used the notes and the sample exams and … what ever was the way to acheive one goal which simply know as pass the exam and depend on the experience of these people which provide the notes or the exams bcz they must be know more then us. 4. the way of the notes and the deepth of the understanding explained on the notes doen’t match or meet the technical deepth of the exam, so there is must be some thing wrong and to be fair i asked my self that i’m the one who could be wrong but i found that my score in the sample exams was really great the first two samples was about 78, 75 but all the rest was about 90 and 92 and this is the truth and i’m not telling lies i was really doing great and it happened for me once that the last sample exam on SCHWEZER i did it in approxmetly 165 mints. 5. what were these people who provide the sample exams and the notes dong through the whole year i really thihnk that they were joking to us bcz every thing doesn’t meet the technical deepth of the exam i know they can’t bring the exams on a golden plate to us but at least they sppose to tell us what to do and till which deepth we suppose to do. 6. finally i don’t think that i’ll gonna make it and pass this year, so what i’m asking here is that WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT and i’m telling so bcz i’ll do the impossible to gain the charterbcz it is a dream to get it and you all know that my dears, bcz i don’t think there is something that i didn’t did, so plz if there is any one of you both the candidates or the man of the preparation cources who visite this site can tel me what can i do bcz there is must be somethign wrong and there is the right way which i may didn’t see till now, so i’ll be too thankful for you if you told me what i’m looking for. i’m sorry for that long but i hope that you get my point and the area that i’m talkign aboutthanks a lot for you attention and patient Yours B.J. Source: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,6255,6335#msg-6335

wow, the whole thing is great. thank you cjones65. I really liked the part with the language confusion (follow the link and read the whole thing).