Coronavirus will destroy the economy

Only thing we need to compound is those compound lifts! That way we can grind all the girls at the club
Amirite @GorillaNerd!!!

1 Like

I can’t leave 'em alone
Try to change my ways, but the dope boy turnin’ me on

1 Like

He seems nice.

Lol yuck. His wife makes good art about him that is prolly donated for tax write offs.

looks like california has flattened the curve since June 30. Big shout out to everyone that stayed home! Covid cases in us looks like also in a downaward trend since july 13. lets hope it keeps going! still too early to tell but it looks promising!

A2G or it don’t count son.

Negative! Parallel is all we need. But I understand your sense of worth is by getting low like a twerking thot

its moneyyy hunniess

Chicks love dudes with nice butts too bro.

how are yall doing with covid btw? me and mine are doing extremely well healthwise and financially. heck even my brother is still working for the airlines. but i am reading so many short horrifying stories about broke people and just pray to god i am never put in that position. anyways i found it interesting, that some are more afraid of contracting covid than being broke. they’ve turned covid to some kind of bogeyman. meanwhile my buddies are back to playing ball and want to start chilling. i dont participate because then i wont be able to see my family. and you kno how it goes family > friends.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/17/congress-adjourns-for-summer-without-plan-for-second-stimulus.

People really are turning Covid into “a bogeyman.” I don’t think that the fact pattern of this virus warrants the magnitude of the societal and economic reaction. At first, I think it’s correct to do limited shutdowns, etc. until we understand the nature of the virus (remember, at first, we didn’t know if the mortality rate was 4% or 0.4%). But now that a bunch of numbers have come in, we can see the affected population somewhat more holistically. This isn’t the bubonic plague, or even Spanish Influenza. Granted, it is slightly more deadly than the seasonal flu, especially in at-risk populations.

But is this worth the side effects to society? Is the massive stimulus mortgaging our children’s’ futures at an even higher degree of social leveraging worth the lives we’ve saved? How about the increase in suicides, delayed hospital visits that have silently killed others backstage, while Covid deaths get the spotlight? Who is accounting for those numbers, and comparing them to the constantly-displayed Covid death totals? Will the overall side effects from shutdown (suicides, delayed treatment for preventable conditions, loss of health insurance from unemployment, etc.) end up killing more people than we’ve saved?

the cure can not be worse than the disease

I’d bet that it can be.

I’m going to wait until they release the second generation vaccine so they can work out all the kinks.

but i wouldnt mind some extra stimulus. lets help everybody UBI! at the end of the day. this govt debt will be paid by future generations of rich people. and when i do get that rich and i start to get charged. i’ll gladly pay the exit fee.

People are looking at total mortalities. There is some expectation that they’ll actually be lower after the initial burn out since a lot of the people killed by covid would be dying somewhat soon anyway (like nursing homes) and things like vehicular deaths have declined.

Despite the numbers, the risks are still overwhelming the medical system and unknown impacts. But I agree with you that the discourse has gotten a little extreme. But when you are relying on doctors, they don’t understand tradeoffs and simply want to minimize deaths.

Your observation of the doctors’ myopic focus on minimizing death as their sole objective function is spot on. It’s not an incorrect objective, it’s just that the model should have a more complex constraint set.

i actually thought daily deaths would have risen right now. but they still hella down. also daily cases are trending down hard.

Lots of places are closing down. this is how you traditionally restructure debt. you default!