Coronavirus will destroy the economy

According to your source, the next housing downturn isn’t expected until 2024. And maybe I missed it but I didn’t see any data on average home price declines. I wouldn’t expect the same magnitude as the housing-led recession in ‘08.

We’ll see then right. I mean it’s simple for me. Prices fall I stay in this place. Prices don’t fall I rent until I lose my job. I am not worried of getting priced out of a shitty state with a tax rate that’s caps at 15 percent,

Just an idea, but maybe with that attitude you should look for another job? Staying at a job until you’re laid off is a…questionable career strategy.

I’m just saying the only thing keeping me in this state is a job. If I didn’t have the job, I’d like to start over somewhere else with less taxes, lower rent costs, and fewer homeless people.

They over count patients in treatment facilities but under count people that die in their own homes. It’s a wash.

Moron conspiracy theorist and trump lovers means more home schooling for parents next year.

Here’s a new development for ya: defective labs.

My wife is a hospital ICU nurse. According to her, all COVID tests are coming back negative right now. Even antibody tests on people who are known to have been exposed and regular tests on people who tested positive for it just a few weeks ago. The lab is blaming nurses for shoddy samples and the nurses are blaming the lab for shoddy processing.

Could be the same in your locale.

were like a 3rd world country that nerdy always makes fun of

Hey nerdy, still calling equity markets to test the March lows? Long way to that bottom buddy.

And @rawraw what’s that cell phone tower data telling you these days?

Yep. I’m still saying it’ll hit the March lows. Still got 25 percent in cash. Net cash of 8 percent. I think a lot of people going unemployed soon.

Depends on the activity, but the cell phone activity has increased dramatically from the lows.

these markets sure are interesting. ppl looking at this money printing as if there is no cost. there is. ash they print money. the government incurs debt. right now we should be going from 107% to prolly 115%+ debt to gdp. similarly lots of publicly traded cos have issued more debt to remain liquid. but liquidity does not cure insolvency. many of these companies will need to raise prices soon and i highly doubt that people will pay up for them. a lot of them will be downgraded. you can bet your beepy. share prices are high right now. any smart company should issue shares right now while the cost is much cheaper.

ppl been worried about debt since 1970s lol

Give me my UBI already or start caring about debt.

some fun facts.
us fiscal debt/gdp rose from 30% in 1970 to prolly 115%.
us corporate debt/gdp rose from 48% in 1970 to prolly 80%.
granted rates have fallen significantly in that time frame. 7% in 1970. peaking at 15% in 1980. and at less than 1% in 2020.
we reduced productivity via covid, and trade, and supply chain. and printed money via federal reserve for about 2 trillion right now currently sitting at 7 trillion with no plans to stop printing should govt do more stimulus so maybe another 2 trillion soon. both a recipe for inflation as we have more money chasing fewer goods.
the only way we’ll see a deflationary period is if many of them go bankrupt to offset that money printed.

How long have you been sitting in cash Nerdy?

from my mortgage. a month. missed out on 8% of SPY Gains. coincidentally. my net cash position is about 32k. if you include the new mortgage its a lot though like 90k cash. its really bad. lol. new all time high on cash. i usually cap it at 60k.

missed out on sick gains from bottom yikes

its just 7k. das like 1.5% of net worth. nada

time to get @Sweep_the_Leg to explain dat good compoundin’ to you