CPK123 failed? Go figure.

You didn’t have to create a separate thread for it lol … but yeah, i’m pretty shocked about that too. I remember CPK from when I took L1 in Dec08 … incredibly smart and helpful… You couldn’t get anything past this guy, he was on top of his game big time… Who was that clown earlier around here asking for the exam to be tougher? This shows that even the smartest and well prepared guys can fail it.

What? He failed? I hate L2 man. I studied so hard for a Band 8. God.

Don’t be too hard on CPK. He has been very helpful to fellow AF members. But as a fact of life, luck and exam day condition play a role. Professional written exams are “unfair” in this sense.

i think we all had cpk pegged for >70 in all sections. this is crazy

Sorry to hear that. cpk helped more on the this forum than anyone. Just goes to show that exams like this are probably hard work and luck in equal measure.

@newsuper: ditto i am also very saddened/shocked to hear this, I was looking forward to having him there to help me along in L3 this coming year:(

adavydov7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @newsuper: ditto i am also very saddened/shocked > to hear this, I was looking forward to having him > there to help me along in L3 this coming year:( Ouch! I feel as if an AF grading curse has hit. So many prominent members failing.

I was shocked to here the news from cpk123 this morning. I seriously can’t believe he failed. This is so damm wrong you fuc*ing CFAI…

You guys and gals are kidding, correct? Where would I find some proof of his failure? Because unless I see it, I don’t believe it.

forgive me but can this really be true …i personally didnt think cpk was really a candidate dude was on point always and very helpful…and no attitude to top it off aLso … anyways to everybody that didnt get it this time i feel ur pain, take some time off from strudying and reload for next year

Wow! I can’t believe that! He helped so many people on this forum.

I’m one of the people that he helped a lot. When I was stumped by something he was always there with a clear answer. I definitely thought he’d get > 70% on everything. How do you know he failed?

Bradleyz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m one of the people that he helped a lot. me too

He helped me the most. At L1 (Dec-08) and L2 (June-09).

pics or it didn’t happen.

CP, You helped me a tremendous amount as well. Band 9 means next year (when we are battling it out with all the 46%ers), you are assured a pass. As we all are with hard work and dedication. Awesome job Swaption, I am extremely happy for you, as I am for everyone that passed. Never hate the player, hate the game, and LEARN the game. With 330 hours put towards an 8 band fail I have no problem giving myself another few years to complete these exams. I may be in a different situation as I am doing well in a FO position and am getting this to try to cross over to BO due to boredom. However, I work closely with 4-5 other CFA’s and they ALL failed Level 2 the first try. You have no reason to feel ashamed and I didn’t like reading that you wrote that about yourself. Don’t be ashamed, this is only a bump in the road.

Thanks SkipE99. I felt not so great in learning that the big warriors like you and others went down fighting.

this is very shocking to me as well. CP has helped me a ton, as he had others. Hopefully new L2’ers and retakers will benefit from his help in the next year. You all will own this exam.

For real, I’m beyond shocked CPK didn’t pass - that’s pretty scary.