CPK123 failed? Go figure.

I also think if you are toooo smart, the CFA exams will trip you up, you will over analyze or see things the test writer didn’t which will lead you to an answers that is not theirs… a death trap. If you could take some of these questions “to court” I’m sure you could have them thrown out or force CFAI to accept more than one answer, like the whole spat on mature, growth or transitional. This only shows what a shitty job CFAI did in complying the questions when so many great candidates fail [I’m not talking about me, I was 50/50] . It’s a sad day for us all, even those who pass, b/c next time it could be You.

I like how you think, Nep-hi … maybe we failed because we’re just too darn smart. Well, I know I’m not, but do I think you could make a solid case for more than a handful of the soon-to-be 2010 retakers.

This is a example that passing CFA exams doesn’t mean you have better knowledge of investment than those who failed. Look at CPK.

the way i see it, people like cpk123 might have had a 95% chance at passing, whereas people like me had a 75% chance of passing. even with those figures, still reasonable that cpk123 just got unlucky with that 5%. there is no freaking way that he wasn’t prepared given the high quality of his posts.

Who was/is this guy cpk123? I only get on the forums a little before the test and a little after it. And I haven’t seen the guy post. My intuition if he failed, is that he wasn’t as prepared as he made himself out to be. I mean the internet is a big wide world…and I can be made to look the expert in almost anything you ask me with a quick search. *shrugs*

Blasphemy! CPK was like JDV when there was no JDV.

Delta1012 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who was/is this guy cpk123? I only get on the > forums a little before the test and a little after > it. And I haven’t seen the guy post. My > intuition if he failed, is that he wasn’t as > prepared as he made himself out to be. I mean the > internet is a big wide world…and I can be made > to look the expert in almost anything you ask me > with a quick search. *shrugs* -1

CPK was awesome. Unfortunately, it’s taken me two years to get on this F’in forum b/c of the email address issue I had. When I was a lurker he was the shiz!