Cricket World Cup 2011

anyone interested? Pakistani team is leading as yet but seems like they will lose to New Zealand today!

Kiwis are too good for the pakis.

110 runs? even bbg is amazed

¡Vamos Argentina! All right I don’t even know if we’re going.

I was in Barabadoes for the Cricket WC in 2007 (I think?). Had no idea it was there, but I had cricket explained to me like 30 times and I still don’t understand how a score of 206 to 3 can be a close match. I like the feather logo the Kiwi team has, though.

^ it is called a silver fern The argies didn’t make the cricket world cup…sorry IEV.

Didn’t Ireland beat England?

I see we have an Indian party in AF. The rest of the games in the group stage look pretty straightforward, except for the last games of India-SA and Australia-Pak, which should decide the seedings for quarters.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was in Barabadoes for the Cricket WC in 2007 (I > think?). Had no idea it was there, but I had > cricket explained to me like 30 times and I still > don’t understand how a score of 206 to 3 can be a > close match. I like the feather logo the Kiwi > team has, though. 206 = no. of runs 3 = no. of wickets that team lost. That’s the score for one team, not literally 206-3.

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I see we have an Indian party in AF. > > The rest of the games in the group stage look > pretty straightforward, except for the last games > of India-SA and Australia-Pak, which should decide > the seedings for quarters. Oh yes! really looking forward for those

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Didn’t Ireland beat England? Yes they did

I hope India loses, because I don’t want to deal with the celebrations and traffic that will result from a win.

Well if they lose there will be rioting.

Is Sachin Tendulkar still playing for India? What a legend. Loved watching that guy bat.

Yep, he’s still playing.

He is better than ever now. It will be a sad day when he retires.

Amazing match between BD and England. Congrats Bangladesh!!

I don’t mind riots so long as they don’t set off fireworks. I hate fireworks after living here for four years.

So top four teams are looking set to qualify, so the only question left is about seeding. I think India will win their group, and Pak has to not finish bottom to avoid India, and I think they will want to get 3d place in their group. They need to go out and destroy Zimbabwe and will probably lose to Australia. So Group A will likely end up Australia Sri Lanka Pak NZ Group B India SA Eng WI

As an Irishman it was great to see them claim another test scalp this time around.