Cross-eyed Crooked Hillary (More Confirmation of Media Manipulation)

Yes, Reagan played it brilliantly, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease and it affected his second term. A semi-coherent Reagan was probably better than a fully-functioning Mondale, but that doesn’t change the fact that democrats questioned his health during the election and were eventually proven correct.

Even if the rumor were true, my understanding is that Parkinson’s doesn’t impair cognitive function. It impairs motor functions.

The people I’ve encountered with Parkinson’s have been just as mentally alert as they were in early phases. Michael J Fox is still a mentally coherent actor years and years after his diagnosis.

I had forgotten that Reagan’s health was an election issue, and I was referring more to things that came to light around the time of the Iran-Contra scandal. My recollection of the Reagan campaign in 1984 was that there was concern over his age, but not any specific health issue or even concrete symptoms of it.

Finally, as I said earlier incapacitated Hillary would probably be what much of the electorate would prefer. Less capable of getting anything nefarious done, but less likely to launch nukes because someone said “a very mean thing” to him in at a G3 conference.

While mysterious health issues are good tabloid fodder, how many of you would actually change your votes because a candidate has a health issue?

It’s pretty amazing there is not a thorough analysis of 1) mental health, 2) physical health, 3) finances, BEFORE one is allowed to run for president. Zero reason why one should be allowed privacy. But since it’s America, that reviewing body would be corrupted too.

^that would be taken care of if the news media did its job. no need for a reviewing body. a free market would do much better.

I’m going to side with bchad here. The likelihood of Hillary dying is directly related to her favorability rating.

i’d be ok if i know what is going to happen after she’s incapacitated. if it’s before the inauguration will obama declare martial law and just keep power during the national emergency (indefinitely)?

The news media is doing its job, it’s maximizing/protecting the profits of the central corporate machine.

I’m pretty sure Kiefer Sutherland takes command.

No, it means the VP gets inaugurated. That’s what the whole point of the VP is.

I was listening to someone getting apoplectic that Pence will be the second in command in a Trump presidency and that Pence will in effect be running the show because Trump just delegates everything and fires people when anything looks bad. That is simply wrong about Pence. The guy running the show will be the chief of staff.

The VP has essentially no power while the President is up and running, except any tasks that the President explicitly assigns them. They are present at cabinet meetings, and they are useful as diplomatic figureheads, but that’s about it. The one bit of real power they have is if the Senate is deadlocked 50-50, they are President of the Senate and can cast the dividing vote. There are amusing stories of VPs having to cancel all sorts of unimportant but glamorous sounding events in order to rush back to Washington to cast the deciding vote in favor of whatever the President wants.

right it is serving its master. in a free market without arbitrarily legislated competitive barriers the master is its customers. if it is bad at that, it goes out of business. this is happening thanks to the internet. The dinosaur media is dying, but much more slowly than would otherwise be the case.

It actually depends on when Hillary dies or becomes incapacitated.

If a candidate dies or becomes incapacitated between the general election and the meeting of electors, under federal law, the electors pledged to the deceased candidate may vote for the candidate of their choice at the meeting of electors. Individual states may pass laws on the subject, but no federal law proscribes how electors must vote when a candidate dies or becomes incapacitated. In 1872, when Horace Greeley passed away between election day and the meeting of electors, the electors who were slated to vote for Greeley voted for various candidates, including Greeley. The votes cast for Greeley were not counted due to a House resolution passed regarding the matter.

As to a candidate who dies or becomes incapacitated between the meeting of electors and the counting of electoral votes in Congress, the Constitution is silent on whether this candidate meets the definition of “President elect” or “Vice President elect.” If the candidate with a majority of the electoral votes is considered “President elect,” even before the counting of electoral votes in Congress, Section 3 of the 20th Amendment applies. Section 3 of the 20th Amendment states that the Vice President elect will become President if the President elect dies or becomes incapacitated.

If a winning Presidential candidate dies or becomes incapacitated between the counting of electoral votes in Congress and the inauguration, the Vice President elect will become President, according to Section 3 of the 20th Amendment.

So, Obama could only remain in power legally if Hillary (or Trump) were to die or become incapacitated between the meeting of electors and the actual counting of electoral votes, which I assume is a pretty short time period. In that very unlikely scenario, I believe Sweep is correct that Kiefer Sutherland becomes president.

Dreaming of the “free market magical solution”, is just the propaganda you have been fed by the media, which is the machine, to keep you from moving for the off switch.

Riiiiiiiiight

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YD5v9w_3M]

I learned something today, thanks higgs.

Hey, don’t say I didn’t tell you so. It’s check mate, and the flesh bags don’t even know the game was played, and is over.

“But maybe if we click like, or vote, or free market, or Bernie, or whatever, the machine will work for us”.

Nope, won’t happen, 0% probability.

Was this said tongue in cheek or no? Sorry just confused, the amount of people terrified that Obama is going to try and become a perpetual emperor or something is hilariously large.

Christ man, time to throw your TV out the window. Given recent revelations, everything is open to question.

http://wearechange.org/government-hiding-information-hurricane-matthew/

ok i see what you are saying and i agree. the time to nip it in the bud was a century+ ago, I’ve always said there is no going back without a very painful reset. That’s why I left my previous job (long U.S.) and started my current business (short U.S. to some extent). Things are going swimmingly.