Current Status & Weekend plan.....

How much have you completed so far ??? I have completed SS3 and started SS4. Planing to finish SS 4 ,SS 5 and SS 6 over weekend.

Come on man, honestly…a twitter feed?

I tweeted once and never tweeted again… not my thing. Who wants to “follow” an under-paid under-achieving 24 year old finance professional anyway? Now if i was like Lebron or something, I’d be all over it. but I digress… I’ve done SS1-3, will finish 4 this weekend and start on 5. I’m also going to finish Season 3 of Californication and catch up on LOST.

:slight_smile:

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who wants to “follow” an under-paid > under-achieving 24 year old finance professional > anyway? an under-paid under-achieving 24 year old finance professional !!

been through Schweser once so far, finished about 2 weeks ago. Going through CFA EOC ?s and trying to retain everything now. feeling a little burnt out. taking off next week for travelling so I can study on the plane both ways but looking forward to resting for a few days.

Just started SS16. Been using CFA books exclusively and have done all EOCs along the way. Hope to wrap up within the next 10 days or so and then I’ll probably read through all of Schweser.

Am on Currency Risk Management (Schweser only), no questions yet.

SS17 this weekend. It looks long. 1st read will be done next weekend. I am behind where I’d like to be. Have done zero EOC q’s to date or qbank. Oops.

Done first read through and concept checkers and q bank except for Ethics and GIPS (leaving them for last - end of April)…going through review and CFA EOC q’s now - done SS 3-5. Hoping to be all done end of April and dedicate May to sample exams

I read all of CFA starting in November but guess what: surprise surprise, I have retained very little. If you retain even a 1/3 of CFA then you are a genius. I’m on Schweser Book 4 and will focus on mastering Schweser with EOC questions out of CFA, Qbank and any essay question I can get my hands on. You all still have enough time to master Schweser and be ready to smash this last exam

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SS17 this weekend. It looks long. 1st read will > be done next weekend. I am behind where I’d like > to be. Have done zero EOC q’s to date or qbank. > Oops. DITTO

Made notes from CFAI material and am giving them a thorough read through. Intend to start ECQs in the next day or two; aiming to have the ECQs down by 1st week May so I can dedicate a solid month to sample exams… Anyone else feeling pretty burnt out by this baby? Taking ages to review the material this time around, seems like there’s much more than Level 2? Or am I just feeling more burned out than most? Chin up everyone, 2 months left and the rest of our lives… I’m off a few hours sleep before hitting the notes for an hour before work, the joys… K

Hitting Derivatives now. I feel like I’m way behind. Getting hammered on CFA EOC questions. The CFA EOC must be 3-4X more difficult than anything Schweser throws out. Didn’t remember the differential being quite as much in L2. Can’t believe we only have 68 more days. Damn… Trying to review all SS’s and get the last 30 days for just old exams. Hopefully time doesn’t run out on me. You been surfing lately Kakane?

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hitting Derivatives now. I feel like I’m way > behind. Getting hammered on CFA EOC questions. > The CFA EOC must be 3-4X more difficult than > anything Schweser throws out. Didn’t remember the > differential being quite as much in L2. Can’t > believe we only have 68 more days. Damn… > Trying to review all SS’s and get the last 30 days > for just old exams. Hopefully time doesn’t run > out on me. You been surfing lately Kakane? Time is of the essence - I’m with you on that one! Surfing - not lately, not since September in fact! It’s been a horrible winter here in Scotland which kind of puts me off donning the wetsuit etc…plus this amount of time I’m having to dedicate to study means the two don’t mix. I’m planning a surf trip somewhere in Europe in the Autumn, when the CFA prep will be but a distant memory… How about you GMofDen - been surfing much? The only luxury I afford myself is ice hockey once/twice a week - would go mad otherwise… K

going for Ethics this week…

Good to hear from you again Kakane. Been since way back in the level 2 days. I’m currently landlocked so the last surf was in January. Biggest storm of the year hit San Diego and found myself on the beach watching really good surfers in triple overhead waves. When it got smaller went out and still got hammered. Out of shape… Going skiing this weekend though and that will be my last fun day before exam day. L3’s taking up a lot more time than I want but let’s make sure we get past it on the first go. Good luck with the studies.

Finishing my second lap through the material this week (just SS3-SS17), did written notes on the first round and note cards on the second (Schweser). Going to do the first read through Ethics / GIPS next week, then EOCQs review over and over until May. I haven’t purchased the Qbank yet. Is it worth it?

I am planning to leave - Ethics - Corp Finance - GIPS For the month of May Even If I do them 5 times, I am not going to remember any of that crap. So it’s just a waste of time.

Starting my second pass / making note cards this week…hopefully it doesn’t take as long as the first time so I have a couple weeks to take practice exams