Dating in the Workplace

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not being able to date in the workplace is total > BS because how do they expect you to work until > 10pm regularly and still have time to F? > sometimes you’ve just gotta get the job done and > you f whats close True, except when you work at a call center with 6’8 infected f@gs like the guy in another thread, lol.

LOL @ topher’s story! I can see why it’s practical to date in the workplace - similar career ambitions, day-to-day encounters, etc etc. It can get really ugly though if the couple breaks up in a small office. I’ll contribute one story - I used to work at a firm in which my entire department consisting of like 5 people newly joined, and we were separated from the rest of the firm and was on another floor. There was this guy in IT that would stop by and talk to me everyday. I thought nothing of it and chalked it up as him being a friendly, nice guy. Keep in mind, I had NO IDEA of anything, and one day, he asked me: Him: So my birthday is coming up, and my friends and I are celebrating at a bar. I would invite you, but you wouldn’t go… would you? Me: Ummm… Probably not. Him: Why not? Aren’t you a party girl (at this point, I was like… ???) Me: A party girl?! Where did you get that from? I never party. Him: C’mon… you’re a party girl Me: Haha! You couldn’t be further from the truth! [Seriously, I do NOT look or act like a party girl in any way, shape or form.] Anyways, I thought nothing of it. (If I did, I would have mentioned my boyfriend and not responded the way I did.) BUT THEN… it got worse. He later visited me, and my boss that is ancient of days intervened in the conversation: Him: *Chatting it up with me* Me: *Chatting it up as well* Old Boss: Oh! It’s you AGAIN (speaking to the dude). You have been coming here a LOT lately and been distracting her. Ocean Breeze, you have to be careful of guys like these! Him: *Nervous laugh* That’s when it hit me. I think it was pretty hilarious how old boss called him out on it, but at the time, it got really awkward. From that point on, I avoided the guy like the plague, because… what else can you do?! He confronted me on it and was like, “Are you avoiding me?” I responded: “No…” and then walked away. Haha, sorry but I am bad with this stuff, and it was a priority for me to keep my job! I was so embarrassed, especially because I was completely in the dark.

^ yeah, it can get kinda awkward w people in the workplace so its usually best to avoid it. some guys also think that they can hit on anything they see and if you’re stuck there for 9hrs a day, 5 days a week you’re going to get a lot of it. i had this one roomate who told my buddies and i about this great girl he met at a club the night before. how hot she was, how fun she was and how they chatted it up for hours. turns out she was the coat-check girl and couldn’t get away from the guy. he was from indiana.

‘party girl’ phrase is used a lot by Indian IT folks. Is that what the case was?

I’ve been fortunate in that I’ve dated a few girls from work, and they’ve all been real cool about it. My first job out of college, I worked with a girl in the back office. We’d sneak down to the file room everyone once in a while :slight_smile: Ten years ago, I was working as a financial advisor and on my first day of work, this drop dead blonde starts flirting with me. After a few days, she sends in a co-worker to see if I’m interested. We set up a group date w/people from work, but everyone bails except for me and the blonde. Needless to say, a night of heavy drinking made for a great breakfast the next morning. It’s been that way for the last ten years, and we’re getting ready to celebrate our anniversary in October. It can be done. Good luck, and good hunting. Be like Tiger, hit’em long and hard.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > topher Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Girl 2 > > She also worked in the same group as me and > ended > > up staying at my company for only 2 months. She > > was constantly flirting. “Hey topher, can you > give > > me a massage?” > She even moved her hair over and actually > expected > > it. She also touched me a lot, flipped her > hair, > > etc. After she left the company, she called me > up > > to go out. I just wanted a friendly lunch but > she > > kept insisting on drinks and possibly going > over > > to her place after… Also keep in mind she had > a > > doctor boyfriend this whole time. I got out of > it. > > This girl was maybe a 7 but she was way too > > domineering. That is a major turnoff for me. > > > If the doctor weren’t there, would you have banged > her? > > Also, the girl 1, when the b0ob incident, it was a > 36 B maybe? Give us some light, dude. 36C maybe. Pretty sizeable. Funny thing. One time she was wearing a button-up shirt where you can see inside if you’re looking hard enough. And let’s be honest guys, we will sneak peaks when we can. Anyway, I was with her in my boss’s office working on some stuff. We were both sitting down across from him. Whenever we leaned over to see what was on his computer screen I caught my boss looking straight through that hole multiple times. And it wasn’t like a 1/2 second look. These were straight up 2 second-long looks. I just laughed inside. :smiley:

Expect some drama somewhere if you date a person from work. Few years ago dating a chick from a different department. Her boss and my boss were at complete odds with this huuuge power struggle going on in the company. Her boss finds out that I’m dating her and has a sh*t fit. Like she’s on the enemies side. He actually went to her and told her that she shouldn’t be dating me. I wound up confronting the prick and basically told him to suck it after she told me what he said. He was a pretty high up director and I was just an analyst. From there on we battled. I told my VP about it and he had my back. Luckily enough our team was a little stronger and the dude got fired. We continued dating and wound up marrying her. I’d say if it’s someone worth while then go for it but if that person doesn’t have all the qualifications for a long relationship/future I wouldn’t do it.