deal is done - i'm moving to Russia

Hi guys. It’s finally happening. I will leave SoCal to lead investor relations for a private equity group in Russia. I will probably do this for 6-12 months and then join the investment team after we finish raising the second fund.

Congratulations dude!!! Will you be joining us for the L3 exam?

Congrats Dante… Good luck for the new gig. I hope to see you in Moscow as am planning to visit Russia next year.

Bleeck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congratulations dude!!! Will you be joining us for > the L3 exam? I will certainly give it a go! CFA is gaining currency in Moscow, and I hope to help that process along.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats Dante… > > Good luck for the new gig. I hope to see you in > Moscow as am planning to visit Russia next year. Yea of course. I’ll probably start in the new place mid november. There is a lot of administrative BS to deal with. Just contact me at danteshek at gmail

Congrats Danteshek. I wish you good luck in Russia and hope you stick around here. I have always enjoyed your posts.

Godspeed, dude. Btw, Prokhorov just bought 50% of Alpha Capital, a real bargain compared to a year ago.

Why not just stay here in the US until they buy the place?

highparkcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Godspeed, dude. > Btw, Prokhorov just bought 50% of Alpha Capital, a > real bargain compared to a year ago. Alfa Capital Partners is kind of a joke here in Moscow. Maybe they were good two or three years ago, but since then all the good people have left. I interviewed their earlier this week and the HR person clearly had no understanding of asset management in a mature market. They were also quite rude.

F%#k 'em then. How about Troika or Renaissance?

I know people in both places. All the banks are having problems. It’s probably better to be a firm that is not bank affiliated. If the environment were better, Troika, RenCap and VTB (not to mention GS, MS) would all be hiring. VTB is known to be the most aggressive with compensation. I believe all those firms are experiencing freezes.

Congratulations Dante… All the best for the new job…Hope you will enjoy your stay in Russia…

Hey man, I’ve never read your posts, but congrats. Does the job require to speak Russian ?

Semper Augustus Wrote: > Does the job require to speak Russian ? English and Russian are both used extensively in the office. Pretty much everyone speaks both very well, with the exception of one British partner whose Russian isn’t very good. Although my Russian is quite good, my job doesn’t require it since I will be dealing primarily with foreign investors. However, I will need it to communicate with other employees in Russian for relationship building purposes. Also, if one is to work on the investment side, one must have excellent Russian to speak with Russian owners of target companies.

You aren’t going to be working for eastcapital by any chance are you?

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You aren’t going to be working for eastcapital by > any chance are you? No.

Danteshek, how is pay in Moscow?

Danteshek, did your company take care of your apartment, transportations, etc., or is it up to you where you rent?

why russia? Are you russian, or got a russian background? I am in denmark by the way. Im australian, here because my girlfriend is from here.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek, how is pay in Moscow? Very high for the right people. After tax, my compensation will at least double or possibly triple. Remember the low 13 percent tax rate and that US nationals dont pay any US tax on first 100k or so.