Dec L1'ers checkpoint

Keep getting discouraged cause i keep reading post and everyone has like 120 hours and stuff… Just wanted to check my pace with those who started same time as me… Just got to 70 hours and am just reading thru CFAI text… On a side note, was reading thru FI tonight… Knew bootstrapping would come back and bite me in the a$$… the book says refer to level I text and i left those books at a friends house…

Just started FI last night, but am only doing Schweser due to time constraints. Basically I aim to have covered everything by the end of March, leaving 2 months for CFAI end-of-chapter questions, Qbank and practice exams. Not ideal but hey it’s all time allows for.

I finished my first read through (Schweser) 10-days ago. Now working through exam questions (2x Schweser books + 1x Stalla) to highlight the areas I haven’t remembered so well. I hop to have finished working through the exam Qs by May so I can go back and use the CFAI texts to iron out any weaknesses. A word of encouragement for anyone who feels like they can’t remember anything they’ve read…It’s not THAT bad, I’ve been able to remember a fair bit and the stuff I I’ve forgotten is now more memorable from making the mistake. I’ve been scoring between 50%-100% on the Schweser exams and think I can raise that to a GM >70% over the next 2-months : )

i’m well behind i think, just can’t seem to get in gear, especially on weekdays. started about 2 weeks ago. done quant, econ, most of FSA

I’m on Reading 43 (Equity) of Schweser (going in order). I feel pretty good about where I’m at, but if I took a Quant or Econ quiz at this point, I’d fail, because I don’t remember much of it.

I went back to the beginning and did all the CFAI chapter questions and Qbank. I’m at emerging markets in equity right now

I’ve finished Ethics, Quant and I’ll be done with Econ tomorrow night. I’m doing the CFAI Text. Its been pretty slow goings for me… but at the pace I’ve set myself I should finish with 10 days to spare for review. And I’m taking PTO those days to hammer out my final prep. I’m nervous… but I think thats a good thing, makes me sharper and work harder.

sounds like everyone is working hard… Keep it up… It is going to feel good once June 7th comes…

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just started FI last night, but am only doing > Schweser due to time constraints. > > Basically I aim to have covered everything by the > end of March, leaving 2 months for CFAI > end-of-chapter questions, Qbank and practice > exams. I’m at the same spot too. Hope to get through everything by the end of March and then start my review.

I must use a very different studying approach than you guys because I am no where near that. I’m on reading #41 right now, but I already did PM. When I do readings I read it once, go back and takes notes, and then do both the CFAI and Schweser questions. At the end of each week I do a quick 30 question practice on everything I’ve done to date so that I can review concepts and try to keep everything fresh in my mind. My goal is to have all the readings done by mid-April and have 6 weeks of straight 60question practice tests a night from qbank plus Book 6 and CFAI Sample.

Just finished SS 6 / R24 and feeling a bit behind. Somewhere in the middle of quant I was swearing that I would never do this by June but now that I’m through there it’s feeling more manageable. I’ve had trouble getting back in gear for this one but hearing where you guys are is motivation.

Done with FI, but skipped the better part of Alternative Investments. 15 readings to go - some of them real heavy though, like the PM intro and Private Equity Valuation.

Yea not sure how u guys are reading so fast. I’ll be done with Equity and Alt Asset valuation by next week. Then I have Fixed income, Derivatives and PM left. I’m also doing all the passmaster and CFAI questions before moving on to the next subject. Should be done around mid april with everything. Then 6-7 weeks of just taking tests.

JP I’m at your speed. I am also going back and reviewing so everything stays fresh…

Ali, I’m glad someone is on the same pace as me lol. Let me know if u have any questions, considering we are reading the same material at the same time

Ali and JP, I’m with you guys… I’m about 2/3 through equity. I read CFAI texts for Ethics, Quant and Econ, but have done a mixture of Schweser and CFA for Corp Fin, FRA, and Equity. Basically, I read Schweser, then page through the corresponding CFA chapter and read anything that appeared thin/left out by schweser. I’ll probably read CFAI texts exclusively for FI and PM just because I enjoy the topics more. Not really going back and reviewing anything at this point though, hope to finish by mid-April or so, then we’ll have the stretch run!

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ali and JP, > > I’m with you guys… I’m about 2/3 through > equity. I read CFAI texts for Ethics, Quant and > Econ, but have done a mixture of Schweser and CFA > for Corp Fin, FRA, and Equity. Basically, I read > Schweser, then page through the corresponding CFA > chapter and read anything that appeared thin/left > out by schweser. I’ll probably read CFAI texts > exclusively for FI and PM just because I enjoy the > topics more. > > Not really going back and reviewing anything at > this point though, hope to finish by mid-April or > so, then we’ll have the stretch run! I’m in the same boat, been reading Stalla SG’s and am currently at SS 13 in the Equity book. I had to do a double take on SS 11 and SS 12 since I had no clue when it came to the end of chapter problems. My reading should be done by mid-April as well.

Stalla Enhanced System. Just finished SS15 SG/Video/Passmaster Starting SS16 tomorrow. Should give me MEGA time to review (I NEED IT!)

Danlieb…how did you move so fast…I thought we all started the same time…I am still stuck on FSA - SS7, lecture notes, Pete surely is detailed in here, it is taking longer than I expected. You have also done all passmaster Q’s in the process and are going in order? What is your secret, if any? I wonder what I am doing wrong, I read daily, yet the material seem too detailed.

16 hour day at the CPA firm. It is 11:20 PM and I’m going to try and read for an hour before I sleep for 5 hours to do it all over again. Taxes and CFA Exam do not mix!