December 2014 Mock Exams

does anyone know whats the rough range that is required in the actual exam to pass?

AM - 99/120

PM - 94/120

The first I finished in 75 minutes. The second in 70 minutes. Are these Schweser Mocks really that representative of the CFA Exam?

I’m wondering this very same thing. I got a bit suspicious when some of the Schweser mocks didn’t have any TVM questions in the Quants section, I’m not sure that’s right but then again I lack a reference point.

I’m going to take one of the CFAI Mocks on Saturday and will report back on that. I’m averaging high eighties and low nineties on the QBank and low eighties on Schweser Mocks. I fear they aren’t representative but we’ll see.

So I found that I’m scoring the average score on the kaplan mocks when i input my answers online even with around a 75? Has me worried a bit since the exam seems to be weighted.

I took 2 Schweser and the AM Session of the CFAI Mock Exam. Here are my results

S1 AM: 81.7%

S1 PM: 77.5%

S2 AM: 84.2%

S2 PM: 87.5%

CFAI AM: 75.8%

While doing the CFAI mock exam I was already feeling that it was more difficult than the Schweser Exams. Also, the CFAI mock exam was not structured like the Schweser exams, i.e. there were more 12 (120*10%) economics questions and no Alternative Investments nor Derivative questions and so forth. Is the real exam going to be structured according to the topic weights in the AM AND and the PM session or is it possible that for example all economics questions are asked in one of the sessions?

Am I correct in saying that there are 6 exams you can do from Schweser and then only 2 mock exams that you can do from CFAI which is a normal mock exam and a march mock exam? I just dont want to find that ive missed out on other mocks I could have done hidden somewhere which would help me prepare for the exam

*mistake*

March seemed really tough to me…mental fatigure for sure.

76% am AND 75% Pm. Pretty shocked I did that well TBH.

FRA really sucks for me. I spend like 40 mins on it. Once I get through that, i cruise by Corp Finance and Portfolio Management, and Fixed Income in like 15-20 mins.

There are so many rules to remember (IFRS vs GAAP) and nitty itty gritty things.

I think Ethics is the toughest part of the exam. The standard deviation of my results in ethics is huge. FRA you usually only have 4 or 5 tricky questions, the rest is pretty straight forward. I just took Schweser volume 2 Exam 1 and scored 81% over all. Despite the score, i believe the volume 2 (at least the first exam) is tougher than the volume 1 or the CFA mocks. I encourage people to do them as well!

Great scores guys - keep it up! Focus on the weak areas without neglecting your topics where you did well.

Hovering around low 70%, need to bump it up

Schweser Mock Book 1 Exam 1: Scored an 82. I felt like this one was the easiest out of all the mock exams I have taken. Although, I’ve been focusing on my weak areas the past week and it looks like it is paying off. Economics still scares the hell out of me. I don’t know how i can do better on it. I’ll settle for a 60% on it :frowning:

Morning: 83% (4 straight up guesses where i narrowed the answer down to two)

Afternoon: 81% (3 outright guesses that were right)

Elan Mock 1: AM = 77.5%; PM = 65.83. Took exaclty like the CFA would have you, brutal test. Lots of mental fatigue for PM.

Scheweser too much conceptual…Volume 1 Exam -1 AM-70% ,PM 64%…Exam-2 AM69% , PM61 %…Hope the exams would be easier than schweser…All the best folks

Where can I find CFAI mock exams? Only under “candidate resources” when I’m logged in on the CFA website, or anywhere else? Thanks & good luck!

Schweser vol 2 Exam 1 PM: 78%

Schweser Vol 2 Exam 2 AM: 73%

Conclusion: do not practice a full practice session right after a 14h day’s work!

Good scores. I stopped doing AM and PM each day. Too tiring to do one exam then spend another 3 hours going through wrong answers.