Did anybody receive the famous letter already?

Bullet has called some of you out to be the most anxious, nail-biting, hair-pulling ("Oh my god, when is the letter coming??!!) CFA class in modern history. As I said before and I’ll say again: This might be the “uncoolest” CFA class ever. Take it easy guys. Suck it up. Stop the obsessing. You passed. Congratulations. Back to work and life. OK, I’m ready for the arrows. Respectfully, 90secs

Well said

[original post removed]

We must be close now…

Hope so…I would love to start using those nice letters behind my name soon.

phew

CFA web site still does not have the magical letters after my name :frowning:

J-H Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA web site still does not have the magical > letters after my name :frowning: But the NYSSA website does, right?

happyshappy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > J-H Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFA web site still does not have the magical > > letters after my name :frowning: > > > But the NYSSA website does, right? Yup, NYSSA does have my record with the letters…

BSAS, for whatever reason, does not put the letters in its directory. Not sure what their reasoning is.

still waiting

Hi All, I am probably stupid for believing this but according to the FAQ on the CFAI site they said: Q. When will the letter confirming I have been awarded the CFA charter be sent? A. The letter confirming the award of the CFA charter is typically mailed the same week the charter is awarded. Beginning in mid-September, charters are awarded and letters are mailed weekly as candidates satisfy all requirements. https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candidates.html##42 I am interpreting this as emails will be sent out but not everyone will be receiving it at the same time.

Because my home mailing address has been, and remains, subject to abrupt & immediate change, I have my CFAI mail currently directed to my parent’s house 400 miles away, with word to let me know if & when something from CFAI arrives. Apparently, something did yesterday. A book. Did anyone else get this? Here’s what the email from my mom says, ----------------------------------------------------------------- You received a book “Global Perspectives on Investment Management,” with a covering letter beginning, “Dear CFA Member.” [Paragraph 1: We’ve grown from 1580 inaugural members to 90,000 in 140 countries, bla bla bla.] [Paragraph 2: We’re turning more attention to our members’ needs, bla bla bla.] [Paragraph 3: We’re enclosing this special volume of presentations collected in celebration of our 50th anniversary.] [Paragraph 4: We hope you enjoy this collection.] [Signed: Jeffrey Diermeier, CEO] ------------------------------------------------------------------ Anyone else get this? Does this qualify as “the letter”?

I got that book a while ago. No, I wouldn’t say this qualifies as THE letter. Does it address you as Kondratieff, CFA? Doesn’t appear to say anything about being able to use the designation.

I received the book months ago. You receive it once your regular membership is approved and does not relate directly to the actual awarding of the designation.

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t think it addressed me with the designation, but if it did, I’ll report back.

well, just got the email: Letter from Jeff Diermeier and my heart skipped a beat. But alas it was his regular update on state of the cfai union. He did mention pass rates and such but no mention on when charters will be awarded! just that soon there will be more than 85000 charterholders… perhaps this means he is back to work and will sign those letters imminently… excerpt: Congratulations are in order for the nearly 30,000 CFA candidates who passed the exams they took in June. Of those who passed, more than 6,000 were Level III candidates, which means the total number of CFA charterholders worldwide may soon surpass 85,000.

yea total fakey from jeff

It should be a matter of days now, right? That letter faked me out!

I got an unsolicited email from my local society asking if I wanted to be in the ceremony because I passed level 3. I didn’t tell them I passed and I won’t be receiving a charter because I don’t have any pro experience.