Did Phelps fail CFA L3?

Just trying to make myself feel better!

Still in school, so if he is a senior, he can only do L1 ;). If he attempted it, I tell myself he would fail.

Phelps is tied for 3rd overall in the gold medal count with Japan and South Korea. No way he would fail L3 – I’m sure he would set a world record in the AM section.

He sailed through Level 1 and 2 but couldnt do level 3 because he cant actually write

the guy had ADD

he’s no chuck norris.

8 Gold medals or CFA? ummMmmmm…

he makes winning olympic gold look easier than taking the cfa

No making jokes about U. Michigan students…No Chris Webber jokes…Got to maintain control…

I think swimming is one of those sports that has too many events. They should reduce the number of distances at which competitions are held… Imagine if they had 5 soccer tournaments - one for 10, 20, 30, 45 and 90 mins. Then Brazil/Italy would win 5 golds!

totally disagree, there is no comparison between a 100 M fresstyle frontcrawl and say 200 M backstroke, or breastroke. I know what you mean, it does make Phelp’s eventual 15 or so Olympic gold medals (I think that is a fair LT estimate) not look as cool as say Pele’s 3 world cups (which soccer enthusiasts while note have their own asterix), but at the same time you can’t compare a breast stroker like Kitojima and a freestyler/fly swimmer like Phelps, or even a 100 M free guy and the 400 M free guys. I doubt many have won these two combined. The 50 M free is a bit of a joke in the 50 M pool I admit, and probably only belongs in the short 25 M pool meets. I hope the 10 KM swim marathon is good, I’ve always though that was a cool idea. As was Triathlon and hopefully someday an Iron Man competition.

i tend to agree they should pick one distance for each style - even if its an odd 150m or something. i think the 50m would make sense, but with the following format: - all of them must be in the water for the start, some part of their body touching the start wall - they are free to choose whatever style they want - first one to touch the opposite wall wins also for all events: - no full body suits allowed, its the undie trunks for the guys, and the one piece for women, with the cloth material specified. for the medley relays: - sequence of styles should be left up to each team

I think that track needs more events. Like a 1600 meter IM. First lap is race walking, second lap is skipping, third lap is running backwards, and the final lap is normal running. Then track would be more like swimming.

on second thought, make that a two-piece for the women…hehe

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think that track needs more events. Like a 1600 > meter IM. First lap is race walking, second lap > is skipping, third lap is running backwards, and > the final lap is normal running. Then track would > be more like swimming. Sounds like a Monty Python skit (the first time my wife and I saw the event at 1:16 and 2:26 we almost lost it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16iNk1hLJt4

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i tend to agree > > they should pick one distance for each style - > even if its an odd 150m or something. > > > i think the 50m would make sense, but with the > following format: > > - all of them must be in the water for the start, > some part of their body touching the start wall > > - they are free to choose whatever style they > want > > - first one to touch the opposite wall wins > > > > also for all events: > > - no full body suits allowed, its the undie trunks > for the guys, and the one piece for women, with > the cloth material specified. > > > > for the medley relays: > > - sequence of styles should be left up to each > team why should we do things that make runners/swimmers etc. slower. As long as their safe (unlike roids etc.) why shouldn’t we demands the fastest we can have. To me suggesting this is like the people who say pors shouldn’t compete, we shouldn’t short stocks or shouldn’t trade with China because it hurts workers here. Live and let live, the strong survive! As for one event, that is ridiculous. OK, let’s only have a 400 M race in track, no sprints, no marathon. How does that sound?? As for race walking, I think it is riculous, as it isn’t the fastest the body can go, and looks downright unhelathy for hips and knees. Not denying that the guys who raced in 20 K last night aren’t AMAZING athletes who probably walk faster than I could bike…BUT why would we encourage a slower form than running? Once again, the fastest should be the best. I guess you could argue that it is like comparing fresstyle swimming (the fastest) to breastroke (the slowest) but I don’t buy that.

On another note, how the hell did Phelps pull that off last night, CRAZY!

halifax, that was an intensely opinionated and emotional response to a totally unconsequential issue.

perhaps, but that’s how I feel about the issue. I just don’t understand why we wouldn’t allow a swimmer to use a suit because it makes a swimmer slightly faster, where does one draw the line? It’s bad enough they have them swimming in the morning for finals to please NBC. I mean it’s good for me, as I can watch it live, but hardly fair to the athletes.

that should have read ‘inconsequential’ up there.