Disgusting

I think you are wasting your breath, popular opinion is now against Israel and rightly so. Illegal settlements, leaders declaring that palestine will never be free, taking the war to another country, dropping cluster bombs on lebanese civilians, destroying the water supply in gaza. Its death by a thousand cuts Israels actions are what led to the creation of hezbollah btw. Check out the story behind that, very interesting

Exactly. There is not any shortage of Muslim terrorists already and all these killings are doing is producing more terrorists. Israel mainly has to deal with Hamas. US will have to face terrorists from all over the Muslim world, so it’s in their best interest to put pressure on Israel to be at least more strategic with their attacks.

Unfortunately, no argument there.

^ Through all of this discussion, you still haven’t addressed what Israel should do about the rocket attacks. Just sit there and take them I guess?

Yet they should open their borders to a group of people actively attacking them? I think that would be very irresponsible. Don’t you remember why these borders are closed to begin with? Yet you want Israel to open them up, while being bombed?

I don’t like Israel’s actions in regards to some of their shelling and air strikes, I think they can be more careful. But the idea that they should lay down arms and open the border is just silly talk.

It would have ended with Karmin before hardcore extremist israelis shot him down.

when were muslim terrorists invented?

islam is a religion of peace

in befoe the ban

I don’t get why Israel does not strike a deal with the people in the strip, allowing them safe passage to West Jordan or any other destination, then incorporate the strip into their country, clean up and be done with it. Sure, the people in Gaza might be reluctant to abandon their homes, but if Israel compensated them with a per capita amount that would sum up to the cost of this questionable military offensive I doubt many would refuse. After all, they have been fearing for their lives for so long, why would they stay there.

Maybe it’s too simplistic, maybe it’s not feasible, I don’t know. Sometimes war is necessary for a just cause, however, in the middle East such cause is seldomly given.

It might have been the lesser of two evils. The knee jerk disproportionate response might make you feel good and gain political points in the short run, but it’s not a great strategy in the long run. It creates more UN comdemnation, international isolation (the Latin American Bloc pulled their ambassadors from Israel including Brazil and Chile) and more importantly a revival of the Hamas brand. Hamas was facing an existential crisis of its own. It had been diminished in a lot of respects. It lost its Iranian and Egyptian sponsorships. The Syrians were angry at them because they left Damascus. They were alone. Couldn’t afford to pay their civil servants, had a faltering image among Gazans and were sliding in public opinion polls. They were truly facing a crisis of relevance. Enter Israel and its disproportionate response, and Hamas couldn’t ask for better advertisement to get more recruitment and funding.

But of course all this could be avoided if Israel was ready to concede a lot more in peace talks. The green line (pre 1967 borders) is where the talks should begin.

Jordan has fought wars with the PLO, and they certainly are not a pro-Palestine place. Jordan, frankly, wants nothing to do with the terrorists amongst the herd and views Palestinians as potential trouble makers to their own relatively peaceful society. It’s not just Israel that is distrusting of a group that, by majority, elects Hamas. While there are many, many peace seeking Palestinians, there certainly is a large number that are less so.

Quite frankly your solution has been on the table and it comes down to no one wanting to assume the Gaza problem. Not Jordan. Not Egypt. Not even the relatively more peaceful Palestinians in the West Bank. No one will take these people.

I agree that this retaliation by Israel is perhaps too short-sighted. They’re depending upon US protection, and I expect that protection to slowly erode over the next few years.

Or conversely, they are expecting just that, and are trying to do as much damage as possible while they can.

At some point the Gazans are going to run out of rockets, no?

I think you are wasting your breath, popular opinion is now against Israel and rightly so. Illegal settlements, leaders declaring that palestine will never be free, taking the war to another country, dropping cluster bombs on lebanese civilians, destroying the water supply in gaza. Its death by a thousand cuts Israels actions are what led to the creation of hezbollah btw. Check out the story behind that, very interesting
[/quote]
It will probably lead to the creation of new groups to join those already fighting against Israel, as former trader said when you have nothing left to lose you are definitely going to war against those who turned your house to ashes and killed every single member of your family… sadly people do not feel the pain until it happens to them

the great rocket excuse…have you ever wondered why these rare rocket attacks actually occur? I bet no one has ever gone into that, they are just given a reason by their media to support israel by portraying it as a helpless crying baby

yea pretty rare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel

this is the most thoughtful piece of work I’ve ever read… who wrote it? as far I as I know, a kid living in darkest corner of the world can mess up the entries of wikipedia… salute to your sources

click the links under references, read the articles, create the timelines, and add up the attacks.

then get back here and give us your number.

You’re living in denial my friend.

Since 2001, Palestinian militants have launched thousands of rocket and mortar attacks on Israel from the Gaza Strip as part of the continuing Arab–Israeli conflict. As of July 2014 the attacks have killed 28 people,

wow 28 ppl since 2001. Palestinians sure did alot of damage.

both too far…