Disgusting

If Americans knew the true cost, yes.

“The US is giving Israel $3 billion in direct foreign aid every year and, according to Congressman James Traficant, another $12-17 billion in indirect aid such as valuable military equipment deemed “scrapped,” loan guarantees, and preferential contracts.”

“If the American government took the $15-$20 billion it gives Israel every year and put it into a savings account for the 4.5 million babies born p/yr, every American would receive $8,000-$10,500 upon turning 18 years old. In another option, the US government could give the money away in a lottery and make 15k-20k Americans millionaires every year. Either of these options would provide an incredible boost to the US economy. But the truth is that $15-$20 billion per year is probably just scratching the surface when we look at the cost of America’s relationship with Israel.”

“Dr. Thomas R. Stauffer, a world renowned economist who taught economics and Middle East studies at Harvard as well as serving twice in the Executive Office of the President on a task force for oil imports and controls, estimated that as of 2002 (in 2002 dollars) Israel has cost the US $3 trillion. His estimate took into account direct military aid, political support, oil price increases as a result of conflicts, and peripheral/hidden foreign aid.”

“In Stauffer’s estimation, US aid to Israel costs 275,000 American jobs per year due to unfair trade imbalances and sanctions on Israel’s enemies. In one example of under the table aid, Stauffer pointed out that the US actually gave Russia and Romania billions of dollars in undeclared aid to facilitate Jews moving to Israel. The US has also spent hundreds of billions in the region to secure friendly relationships with Israel. John McCain admitted in an interview that US aid to Egypt is really just a bribe so the Egyptians will maintain friendly relations with Israel. The US has also given Turkey and Greece billions for the same purpose. The cost of America’s relationship to Israel today adjusted for inflation and including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is likely to be in excess of $5 trillion, or $16k per American.”

“According to the General Accounting Office (GAO), Israel operates the largest spying operation on America of any of our allies, and they use some of their intelligence gathering to steal American business secrets, which costs the US jobs and money. The two largest and most powerful Israeli lobbies in America, AIPAC and the Anti-Defamation League, have both been caught red-handed spying for Israel (see the 2005 AIPAC Scandal and 1993 ADL Spying scandal).”

http://www.wrmea.org/wrmea-archives/251-washington-report-archives-2000-2005/june-2003/4641-the-costs-to-american-taxpayers-of-the-israeli-palestinian-conflict-3-trillion.html

^Plus, the US *loves* to support hardcore Islamist groups- Saudi Arabia, Bosnia, Chechnya, Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghan Mujahedin in the 80s, and Taliban in the future, who will be brought back to power. Once sympathy for Jews recedes, there will be nothing stopping the US from embracing Palestine.

Enemies of Israel, you have many things to look forward to.

Israel just striked another UN run school while refugies were waiting in line for food supplies.

UN chief Ban Ki-Moon denounced the strike as a “moral outrage” and a “criminal act”. He said the IDF have been repeatedly told of the location of these sites.

Israel spied on John Kerry during peace talks:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/03/israel-spied-kerry-peace-effort-report

looking forward to more justifications “it might have been carelessness” “hamas members were in the row” “they were hiding weapons under the ground of line” “collateral damage, you cannot avoid it, go blame hamas for this they started it”

Hamas Terrorists fire rockets near hospitals and schools. Israel is being as surgical as it can, and you can be sure, its military capabilities are on of the best of the world.

Israel is being as surgical as it can… Really?

Hamas with their stone age rockets have killed more Israeli soldiers than Israelis have killed Hamas terrorists. Makes you wonder, does not it?

Don’t think I’ve heard this before. Do you have a source?

I recently read a pretty good framing of the issues. The question the writer posed was “What would each side do if they had the power to do it?”

For Israel, I think we already know the answer, because there’s such an imbalance of capabilities. If they really wanted to carpet bomb Gaza, they would. And yet, they really don’t. Given this, I think it’s reasonable to assume that when they DO kill civilians, it’s an accident. That doesn’t excuse it, but I think it does put it in perspective.

OTOH, What would Hamas do if they had the power to do it? I think that’s also clear based on their statments that they’d kill every last Jew.

So of the two, my sympathies lie with the Israelis.

But confirmation bias being what it is, anything that supports the “Israel is a bunch of heinous XXX” will be accepted by the anti-ISrael camp, and anything that indicates that there might be some justification for their actions will be downweighted. And the reverse holds for the pro-Israel bunch (of which I’m one).

Everything I’ve read and seen indicates this is untrue. What’s your source ?

Are you aware of what daily life is like for a Civilian in Palestine due to Isreal? It’s pretty scary

This is what your biggest and most loyal ally had to say today after yet another UN school shelling:

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE Washington, D.C. August 3, 2014

“The United States is appalled by today’s disgraceful shelling outside an UNRWA school in Rafah sheltering some 3,000 displaced persons, in which at least ten more Palestinian civilians were tragically killed. The coordinates of the school, like all UN facilities in Gaza, have been repeatedly communicated to the Israeli Defense Forces. We once again stress that Israel must do more to meet its own standards and avoid civilian casualties. UN facilities, especially those sheltering civilians, must be protected, and must not be used as bases from which to launch attacks. The suspicion that militants are operating nearby does not justify strikes that put at risk the lives of so many innocent civilians. We call for a full and prompt investigation of this incident as well as the recent shelling of other UNRWA schools.”

http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/texttrans/2014/08/20140803304779.html?CP.rss=true#axzz39NanxdiD

![](https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10559886_787998567926941_7185874023761124347_n.jpg?oh=ce96f14ea7123b3875bbd338aa98725f&oe=54530833& gda =1414964354_1a59e2df78a5409d547cfb74d0115eac)

If the world put down religion, hundreds of millions of lives would have been spared.

… And Israel is and will do more than any other nation in similar situation. As a matter of fact, Israel show great restraint. I dare you to name any other country that responds with the same amount of restraint to rocket fire.

Why do you say ‘due to Israel’? Do you know what life is like for a Civilian in Syria… due to… Israel? When you let terrorirsts govern, that is what you get.

Israel should be leading the front and making peace with these people. Make peace with your enemy and forgive. Just like British did it with the Nazis. You can’t just go bomb people into the 13th century.

Yes there are rockets going into Israel, but this is not wholly unjustified. And it seems that Israel are exceptionally effective at destroying all these rockets.

I would like to see more negotiations between Palestinians and Israel, but when the Israel hold all the cards, there is really only one way for Palestine to get their attention

USA biggest terrorists in the world

This is no place for fat jokes.

What he said

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!