Do you think nurses are heros?

what the actual ■■■■? 6x?!?! were u unemployed in 2010 or something?

I’m assuming here, but if you graduated in 2010 then you’d be making entry level with lower target bonus. 10 years later you could easily be making 6x. Let’s say in 2010 you were making $50k out of a non-target school as an analyst. You work your way up and become a senior analyst at a fund (or even PM) and your base is $150 and bonus target is $150k. Input different variables, but that is not crazy, like $40k to $240k or whatever. Entry level pay sucks and 2009-2010 pay scale is much different than today in this industry.

Real question is how much did your net worth increase and does it include your primary residence?

BWYF loosely has it correct. Some details off but that’s the general gist.

1 Like

bs i thought you were in your 40s. but nonetheless respect on the rise!

Millenial bro!

Dude, Swan, get smart already and let me come work as your assistant (I’d prefer if we call it right hand man though).

The important thing is that AF hasn’t missed a beat. WFH thread ends up talking about BS’s hourly earnings. I’d expect nothing less.

3 Likes

Ceo of changing topics

Yeah, these folks are heroes. We move other people’s money around (or suggest they do) and make ridiculous sums of money in the process. They’re quite literally putting their lives on the line every day going to work. There are thousands of nurses from Canada driving across the border to Detroit and other areas to directly interact with people dying of a highly contagious virus. Can’t say I’d be too willing to sign up for that.

I’d put them in the same class as police officers, fire fighters, paramedics, military personnel, etc.

1 Like

are lumberjacks heroes? they have the highest death rate. they do it so we can have paper! real paper baby!

Do they really have the highest death rate? Wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years. F it, I’ll throw them in the hero bucket too, then.

lol to be fair. you can argue that during coronavirus, maybe nurses are dyign at a higher rate right now though.

Ice road truckers and king crab fisherman are heroes now too?!? What about the delivery drivers? It’s 2020, everyone’s a hero!

We need a flow chart for this. 5 likes to the person who steps up. I’ll kick it off…

“Am I a Hero flow chart”
Do you perform a basic essential skill? (Keep going)
Does your work require you to put yourself in danger for the benefit others? (Getting warmer)
Will somebody die if you or somebody else doesn’t perform this task (You may be a hero)
Do you have a reasonable chance of not doing this job and obtaining work with higher pay? (If yes, you’re a hero! If no, you likely have no other option for work and you are quite possibly not a Hero)
Are you performing this work in a remote location for the sole purpose of higher pay? (You’re not a hero)
Are your services recorded and aired on the Discovery channel? (You’re not a hero)

So on and so on

I’ve really thought this over a little bit. And I guess my answer is, who cares? I see the philosophical point you’re trying to make - that being, they’re paid to do this job, why do they deserve the title of hero? - but it’s a losing argument man. You’re not going to make any friends if you actually told a nurse to their face that they’re not a hero.

So just let em live in the spotlight man. I’d say they deserve that much, and again, at the end of the day. . who really cares?

I mean, I don’t, it’s just my point of view. I’m clearly not going to alter it over someone’s insecurity. For what it’s worth I made it to 30 without dating a single girl outside the medical field, so this is not a foreign concept to me, but I’m pretty sure they’d understand my point. There are roughly as many medical professionals in the US that have been killed by this thing as construction workers in any given year by traffic.

Both are clearly a tragedy, but this is not even remotely on the same plane as the early Apollo missions strapping themselves to a 1960’s era computer console and aiming for the moon after the first batch of trainees got torched in a simulator or Marines on Guadalcanal. It is what it is, but eventually like all dilution, the only people that are disadvantaged are the people that subscribe to it and you’re left with empty platitudes.

You dated only married girls outside the medical field?

Haha Swan ya right homie.

i think im a hero. and if you dont. its prolly cause ur a loser.