Do You Think You Will Pass??

• FSA - DON’T overwork yourself if you don’t understand DFA/DFL & Leases (it’s only 2-3 questions MAX). Time is better spent on reviewing Ethics and FSA. true true

I want to be humble/scared and confident at the same time, but it’s a fine line… I think I have a decent shot, which is a vast improvement from Nov 08 when I began preparing for this beast. edit - Wait a second… what kind of mentality is that?.. I’m going to walk into the test center on June 6th and absoultely annihilate this test!

kurupt1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m really tempted to get an mp3 player and load > it up with football chants off youtube to get > myself charged right before the exam, get that > adrenaline pumping. > > does anyone else do random sh*t like that to get > themselves ready? Funny you say that… I was talking with a buddy at work the other day and I asked him if other candidates would be freaked out if I wore an old school headset/earphones – you know the big ones that cover your whole ear – and started pacing back in forth getting pumped up and screaming… I’d likely be thrown out, but would be funny.

All about confidence, I never never go into an exam thinking holy crap i’m gonna fail this. no matter how much im sh*ttin it i’m always confident in my ability. slightly worried that by listening to the chants ill get a bit too into it and start chantin LA LA LALALALALA BRENTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

I’m feeling pretty good now. I really need to focus on FSA, Ethics, and Econ. I have yet to take a full mock exam. I took the sample exam the CFAI offers last night, the 30 question one, and scored 27/30. It seemed a little easy, but I’ll gladly take the confidence boost.

Aren’t the sample exams 60 questions?

https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/pdf/SampleLevel1Qs.pdf It’s 32 Questions.

Thanks, didn’t know about that one. Thought you were talking about the free online sample exam.

esco and nicob, You said to not stress to much on DTA/DTL and Leases because it is only a few questions. Why is it that in the practice tests in both Schweser and CFA Mocks that they tend to ask this about 5 times in each half. What types of things in FRA should we focus on?

dhwit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > edit - Wait a second… what kind of mentality is > that?.. I’m going to walk into the test center > on June 6th and absoultely annihilate this test! That’s much better, lets kill this thing!!!

esco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I watch clips of ‘Remember the Titans’ to get me > pumped I watch Al Pacino’s locker room speech from Remember the Titans…don’t think it gets better than that.

I just got a 64% on the stalla PM…feeling pretty low…but this thread has kind of pumped me up… I think I can do this…

ITAdmin, you are going to destroy the exam keep cracking.

cfacowtown Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > esco Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I watch clips of ‘Remember the Titans’ to get > me > > pumped > > I watch Al Pacino’s locker room speech from > Remember the Titans…don’t think it gets > better than that. wasn’t it Denzel Washington?

sometimes i fall into the trap of reading a question too quicly, eyes get BIG and focus on one answer, as opposed to reading all choices. if i take my take, reduce careless mistakes think i have a decent shot at passing. did three Schweser Vol one exam this week, scored between 65% and 75% on each of the 120 question sections. let’s all stay motivated/focused for 7 more days then have a relaxed/lucuid exam day!

No girlfriend = no sex for three months then fail my exam, meaning another 6 months of hell NO WAY I AM PASSING.

My bad, got my movies mixed up. I was talking about Any Given Sunday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

@makath I’ll take the no sex and raise you guilt trips and mind games…marginal cost right now is just to high.

Well thanks guys for motivation, am gonna kill Ecn and Quant, and finally pass ……

ITAdministator Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think I can do this… OF COURSE YOU CAN!! This is the last push - practice it, review it, learn it, and back to practice again! So much of what happens on test day is being decided RIGHT NOW! This is what the last months have been ALL about!