Do You Think You Will Pass??

ethics, rigor, tenacity, and analytics… check!

cfacowtown Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > esco Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I watch clips of ‘Remember the Titans’ to get > me > > pumped > > I watch Al Pacino’s locker room speech from > Remember the Titans…don’t think it gets > better than that. Any given Sunday… great movie

I’m feeling alright about the exam. Not 100% confident, but I think I’m definitely on the right track. I’ve taken a few days off next week, so how well I do on the exam will depend on this weekend and those few days I took off. I’ve done a bunch of mocks, didn’t get flying colors, but I know what I need to work on. Good luck all.

99.9% yes, I could get in a car accident or something on the way. I am averaging >=90 on q-bank, and 85+ on Schweser book II with one more to go.

I’m in mid 60’s on Schweser Exam 1… definitely not feeling good. But I know weak areas. Going to dig into those this weekend. Good luck to you all guys !

“One inch at a time” Let’s pass this motherf***er of an exam next week and roll on to level 2 together

Schweser does put emphasis on DTL/DTA & leases. But in the real exam when I took it in December, I only remember alltogether 4/240 questions on these topics. Mind you, these were basic questions like what was the tax base, or DTA after year 2, or what gives rise to permanent differences or when to account for a capital lease etc. All in all, if you’re getting caught up on calculating lease payments or any of that other jargon, don’t waste time on it, spend more time on getting easy points on equity, FI and quants

Thanks Esco for your advices - worth a million at the moment. Wish you best of Luck!

That is some good advice. I can literally spend 2 weeks solid 12 hours a day on SS9 and still feel crappy about it. I’m settling with an 82% - 85% in FRA…this is going to kick my ass in L2 (assuming I can make it).

Gonna fail, almost surely, but will be back in December with a better idea of what to do

dunno…ve been studyin since january …shweser vol 1 gave me arnd 73-76% range but vol 2 first paper gave be a devastating 65% …dont knw wat will happen bt jus want to relax now and take it easy…

65% on vol2 is a good score. Whats the breakdown look like?

well… morning session: ethics 15 quants 8 economics 8 fsa 19 port mgmt 5 asset valuations 22 total 77/120 afternoon session: ethics 14 quants 11 economics 7 fsa 25 portfolio management 6 asset valuations 28 total 91/120 for the morning exam, i took like 40 mins extra cause while i was attempting the questions, i was mind fucked by looking at the quantitativeness of the paper so i got demoralized…and in the afternoon session i tried to take it quick and still finish abt 15 mins late…!! wat do u think i should do now ??? totally confused!!!

I wouldn’t worry to much about the computational questions in quant. Nail down economics, and Asset Valuation (you might have to break up the scores within this heading to find out what is dragging it down). Honestly, do a couple hundred qbank questions on asset valuations, read through the summaries of economics and do a 60 question test, grab a brew and relax. Those mock 2 scores are fantastic. I’d worry more if your FRA was lower, it could use a small bump, but regardless,your in good shape. Try to reduce your time per question through increased exposure to a large number of questions.

I just looked back at the very first test I took. This was waaaaay back in November some time. I took a practice test so I could gauge where I was before I started studying. I got like 38%. Now I am upper 70’s. So that is encouraging to me :slight_smile: I am consistently hitting upper 70’s so I am feeling fairly confident, but am still very nervous in case I totally F-up on exam day. I feel like I am hitting the wall repeatedly though. Having a tough time continuing to plow through this last week

Not feeling too awesome. Will be taking my first lengthy practice (the CFA given 120-quest Sample Exam) this evening and that will probably be a good litmus test.

Ah my friend, you do not need a girlfriend for sex. You also do not need to pay and if you do it right, it can be completely anonymous! :slight_smile: Let loose and have fun after you test, if you have not had sex that long you deserve to pass!

BigTicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not feeling too awesome. > > Will be taking my first lengthy practice (the CFA > given 120-quest Sample Exam) this evening and that > will probably be a good litmus test. Took the 60 question CFA Sample Exam online… not too encouraged: Ethics - 33.3% Quant - 71.4% Econ - 50.0% FSA - 75.0% Corp Fin - 60% Equities - 83.3% Derivatives - 66.6% Alt - 0% (whoops) Fixed Income - 66.6% Port Man - 100% ______________________ Overall = 61%

I better pass, im missing one helluva nba playoff series.

if it wasn’t for ethics and econ you would have done fairly well, both these areas are relatively easy to improve on quicky so crank out bunch of questions in those areas keep working hard over next seven days and you’ll have a decent shot