Drinking a requirement for sucess in Finance

ss_toronto Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m still new to this forum, but is there anything > JoeyDVivre CAN’T answer? Hmmm, I’m not sure. Maybe. I don’t know the answer to this.

I’ve never heard of not drinking hurting your career bro. If your company holds that against you then you don’t want to work for them. When you go out with them have cranberry juice or water. I know lots of successful big boys who don’t drink. As a boss, I would see a very strong character in you, because you stick with your guns and you follow what you believe, which shows good character and ethics. In fact I suggest for people to put the glass down at networking functions. So many times I have seen people with glass in one hand and some snack in another. This is a big problem as when thy go to introduce themselves the have to find a place to set the glass down have a hard time exchanging business cards….basically focus on networking not drinking and eating, you can do that at home.

I’m totally in agreement with that ^. If I’m at some business function, I usually drink tonic water with lime. Looks like a drink, smells like a drink, and you can drink as much of it as you want and still be sharp. Now if someone breaks open a bottle of Haut Brion or something, I might abandon the tonic water and lime.

Hey kkent, we don’t need to get all mad. No hate just love! Like Rodney said “why can’t we all just get along?” Lets all hope for peace. As a goodwill gesture, I extend my hand as a friend. I hope you will shake it.