Drinking a requirement for sucess in Finance

and another sweeping generalization, courtesy of kkent…it’s sad how ignorant some people are

Yeah, I’m sure I know nothing of Islam. I only happen to live with 2 Muslims. While I love these 2 people, it boggles my mind how they reconcile their “moral” views on drinking and eating pork while talking about destroying Israel and calling Jews “pigs.”

they seem like jerks to me that doesn’t mean they represent Muslims basing your assessment of an entire religion on two people…you’re right, that’s not a generalization at all kkent

ss_toronto, give me a break, man. I grew up in Washington, DC, one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. I took my first bong hit in high school with an hispanic and a Muslim and I went to prom with an asian girl. It’s not like I’ve had no contact with Islam or other cultures.

kkent, do you happen to know most moslems are not arab. most ppl confuse the two. This arab-israeli conflict sometimes becomes confused as muslim-jew.

cfa_toronto, yes I know that. But most Muslims still take the side of the Arabs on the issue–I’ve yet to meet a Muslim who hasn’t in some way expressed revulsion in some way at Israel or at the concept of a Jewish state. Honestly, I support Israel 1,000%, so I have absolutely no sympathy for the Islamic view on this, especially when I saw the film of Palestinians celebrating in the streets on September 11 and then even more so when the Palestinians elected Hamas, a world renowned terrorist organization.

Most europeans take the Palestinians side of view as well. I guess AmeriKKKa should go and liberate them, just like they did the Iraqi’s.

I didn’t drink at one point in my life. Anytime someone would give me lip about it, I would buy him/her a shot of Bacardi 151. After about two weeks, not much of an issue.

misterno Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am Muslim too, what I do is, show up in these > happy hours or whatever it is, but instead of > getting a Beer I got a sprite and if they ask, say > it is Koniac. That would be Cognac and it doesn’t look anything like Sprite nor is it served in the same kind of glass as Sprite. If you’re going to lie, go with vodka and soda which is a disgusting drink but looks like Sprite and doesn’t have any particular odor. Of course, what might be better is to check out God’s word “And do not say that of which you have no knowledge” Quran 17:36 On the other hand, one of life’s great pleasures is Cognac.

conversation really diverted away from the main topic. Anyway, I drink a fair amount (to be social) and I enjoy drinking with my buddies/coworkers. However, I could care less if a coworker didn’t drink - just as long as he/she was still conversational.

cfa_toronto_on Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Most europeans take the Palestinians side of view > as well. > I guess AmeriKKKa should go and liberate them, > just like they did the Iraqi’s. Surprise surprise. A Muslim who hates Israel. You couldn’t even contain yourself in this conversation. Case in point: Allah forbid if you should drink, but tacitly supporting terrorism against Israeli civilians is totally fine. This is why I have no respect for those Muslims who don’t drink because of “morality.” I guess it’s fine to subjugate women, to not–at the very least–speak out against Islamic terrorism, and to reject democracy in favor of religious dictatorship where non-Muslims are either forced to convert or are second class citizens. Yeah, I’ve got a lot of sympathy for Hamas-led Palestine.

I’m half muslim (mom from new york, dad from Syria). I’m drinking a beer right now writing a stupid paper on why the P/B ratio of Walgreen’s is higher than CVS. I don’t eat pork at home because my dad won’t allow it. Thinking about it . . . the Wendy’s baconator sounds pretty good. I can’t wait to go out drinking tonight.

i’m still new to this forum, but is there anything JoeyDVivre CAN’T answer?

Combo of the doctors thread and the drinking thread . . . one of the few gifts my father got was from another doctor. I forget the whole story but my father saved the other guys arse. The other doctor bought some him bottle of Louis XIII. I tried it and I didn’t get much enjoyment out of it. I’m sure its acquired taste and I don’t want to waste anymore until I can better taste it. Any tips on some decent Cognac that won’t break a piggy bank? On the other hand, beer tastes like sweet nectar to me and is where I’m staying at (and red bull vodkas).

ss_toronto Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m still new to this forum, but is there anything > JoeyDVivre CAN’T answer? When UNC will field a competitive football team.

ss_toronto Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m still new to this forum, but is there anything > JoeyDVivre CAN’T answer? you should see him interpret dreams

Niblita75 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Combo of the doctors thread and the drinking > thread . . . one of the few gifts my father got > was from another doctor. I forget the whole story > but my father saved the other guys arse. The other > doctor bought some him bottle of Louis XIII. I > tried it and I didn’t get much enjoyment out of > it. I’m sure its acquired taste and I don’t want > to waste anymore until I can better taste it. Any > tips on some decent Cognac that won’t break a > piggy bank? On the other hand, beer tastes like > sweet nectar to me and is where I’m staying at > (and red bull vodkas). couvousier? I think its only about 30 bucks a bottle and thats in sin tax heavy canada. Busta rymes rapped about it so it must be good. In reality when i tasted it I thought it tasted like crap, but thats how i feel about all cognac. Im a gin and tonic or whisky type of guy.

Sims Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ss_toronto Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i’m still new to this forum, but is there > anything > > JoeyDVivre CAN’T answer? > > > you should see him interpret dreams http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,578785,580351#msg-580351

Na, its the balleriffic one. My dad doesn’t drink other than a glass of wine a night. I’ve rotated between bourbon and ginger, gin and tonic, whiskey and coke, or the red bull vodkas. My nights with gin and tonic I remember.

cfa_toronto_on Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Most europeans take the Palestinians side of view > as well. > I guess AmeriKKKa should go and liberate them, > just like they did the Iraqi’s. If you are trying call America the KKK or somehow implying that the KKK is what America represents, which I am assuming is what your spelling was meant to imply, then it really shows your ignorance.