Drinking

Another good uk drinking term is ‘a tactical’ which is short for ‘a tactical chunder’. This is an advanced level move when you know you’re going to throw up at some point so you do it early-ish in the night and you can then get back on the booze and keep up with the pace without spewing at an inopportune moment.

i actually dont like the taste of alcohol and i dont really need to get a buzz to be social. i do like getting shit faced drunk though. im just more hilarious. plus im more of a social drinker, and i only drink if there is vaginas im trying to holler.

I completely agree with this. I was just surprised to learn about our actual metabolic rate staying fairly steady throughout our lives so I thought I’d share.

Now, does a tactical chunder occur before or after a cheeky Nando’s?

I will say I’m envious of those that can work out a lot to realize this full burn rate. Typically, though, my experience is that most of the “poor SOBs” in any kind of executive/high-responsibility/etc. investments job are doing the commute/long hours grind on top of family commitments. Stepping away from the desk for 2 hours a day all in to hit the gym is not an option. But the tradeoff is another six figures to add to the paycheck, so they let the sedentary tendencies creep in. Because, what the heck, I can always get in shape after I’m done stacking chips, right?

Younger people may think, hey, I’ll never get married or have kids, especially if that’s the outcome. Fine, but have you ever seen the bachelor/childless executive? That’s a rare breed. Ironically, having a family makes you look more responsible and hence, more promotable. That’s just a fact in the majority of places I’ve seen. More common is the fit divorcee paying alimony and child support. But, he’s already got the street cred of having already had the family, so he’s not stigmatized like the lifelong bachelor/man-child.

im pretty sure most people who are succesfful have free time and hired help. most successful people get up earlier in the morning just to work out, or even work out in the middle of the day during work hours cuz they answer to no one. most of the time they just forward the work to someone else with a “handle this statement” the majority of their work is really answering emails and handling clients.

whats funny is i also see a lot of 45 yo who are twice divorced with kids that hate them and are overall pretty miserable with their lives and fat, ultimately its because they are too lazy to do anything.

So wait, now we’re saying successful people don’t have time to work out? Or am I off the mark on this one?

Born Seattle. Moved to Denver with my mother in 1998 after the divorce. My dad followed with though to be near my brother and I.

For me it all depends on my travel schedule. When I’m in the office I can usually find time to use our gym. When I’m on the road I could use the hotel gym but I’m just not good about it…at all. Plus I eat way worse when traveling.

respekt

Well, when you finally achieve success, let me know if that stylized vision played out exactly as you had hoped for.

can you define success for me? also do you consider yourself succesful? im just curious.

because right now all im getting is that you are too busy to work out for an hour a day. be real bro, ur just lazy.

and here’s a study:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/harvard-study-what-ceos-do-all-day.html

https://bigthink.com/brandon-weber/surprising-study-how-many-hours-do-ceos-work-and-what-do-they-do

I don’t think it’s possible to define success for others. What I believe to be a successful life may seem like a personal hell for you. You have to define it yourself and go after it. That’s how you achieve happiness.

Well, I don’t want to put myself in a high tower, but yes, I would say I feel successful.

My man! Never understood the point in having 3-4 beers and calling it a night. It’s either an all out banger or nothing at all.

haha. because 3-4 beers and calling it a night is how you survive life.

All things being equal, I friggen love booze

I honestly have never drank, there has been two situations where females tried to get me drunk, but that’s the most I’ve ever consumed. But since I’m not a college kid anymore, I guess I’ll never know what it feels like to recover easily. Guess there is no reason to start now!

3-4 beers and calling it a night is a recipe for a shitty night.

If I know I’m in a situation where I can only have 3-4 beers, I rather stay sober and not drink at all. Better for your liver in the long run.

Sipping few beers and few glasses of wine here and there really impacts your health.

I rather go all-out few times a year. I never understood the point of a few casual drinks.

I am pretty sure you have that exactly backwards. Studies show that moderate amounts of drinking, especially wine, might have health benefits that outweigh the negatives. However, periodically getting smashed (or binge drinking) is very bad for you. There are also correlations between people who binge drink and large waist lines and thus heart disease and diabetes.

I doubt getting hammered 2-3 times a year will have a noticeable impact on my waistline, heart or give me diabetes.

Drinking often, even moderately, will, however, award you with cirrhosis in the long run.