dui story.

yea sorry. im just speaking from when i used to do it and from the results from when my friends do it. i feel the probability is low. i’ll do a more deep dive on the subject as i am interested to see if the law makes sense.

i stopped drinkign and driving when my bro got a dui, he paid like 5k all in, had his license suspended. he actually go the charge to a dwi. in any case, the penalties far outstripped the conveniency.

i did briefly look up that there were only 10k/year deaths related to duis. i heard it was 25k before the more severe laws were passed in the 1980s. In the large scheme of things, it doesnt sound that big at all. as a fun fact, 30% of accidents are drunk related, but 30-50% is because the driver is distracted/retarded.

with that said, when i was 5, i think i was in a huge dui car accident with 2 of my cousins. a car on the otherside of the freeway landed on our side. someone in that situation was drunk form what i heard. lol so i guess that counts. also i’ve seen a guy at 5 am in the morning while i was driving to work swerving then driving in the opposite side. but im thinking that guy had to be on something else. i low key snitched, 911 that shit,

Agreed, 100%. No excuse with so many options these days.

I actually agree with Nerdy on this one.

It’s the same reason that I oppose “texting and driving” laws. The harm is not the drinking. It’s not the driving. It’s not the drinking and driving. It’s the damage caused to human lives and property.

If I’m five times the legal limit, and I drive home while texting my girlfriend in one hand and watching Netflix in the other, if I get home without hitting anybody or anything, did I really do anything wrong?

i cant decide whos trolling and who is not…

exactly. i just got back from a murder spree and my freedom justifies my wrongs.

^better question where do you stand igor

are the dui laws draconian or just?

My bro said he actually drove better while drunk. But then there are the cars he totaled while drunk.

Yeah, I hear drivers do drive better while driving.

I blame the eclipse for my typo.

Nerdy, arent you of asian decent brah? Chances are you get smashed off half a can of budlight, where is that confidence in your ability to drive under the influence coming from.

A retarded generalization. I don’t think race has a factor. I got a Krn buddy who drove drunk in hs. I am also Filipino, were notorious for drinking a lot. Drunk driving isn’t really taboo in the Philippines.

Plus I drink only liquor, beer has too many calories. I think I am an above average drinker and can handle myself pretty well. Plus I think most people in the us are brainwashed to hate it. I know too many people who drink and drive too often with no accidents just arrests. So personally I think it depends on the person. It’s really retarded that they take you to jail for a Dui with licen suspension but texting and speeding is just a small fine. Just my opinion.

i can’t fathom what you are arguing for. When I was in grad school 10 years ago the only way to go out in LA was to have a designated driver or shell out for a pricey cab ride. Now you can go anywhere with uber and lyft for $10-15 bucks max. Anyone who drinks and drives is a complete moron.

the asian thing is not a random generalization, it is scientifically known that some people of asian decent metabolize alcohol differently and it’s genetic. not sure whether it applies to filipinos, i was mostly pulling your leg anyway. Chill and use uber, brah.

I cant wait until autonomous cars are a thing. Where I grew up in the country the Amish guys would get tanked and hop in the buggy and pass out, the horse knew how to get home.

Is this from your ochem degree at Phoneix uni brah? Koreans, Chinese and Vietnamese can fooking drink and that’s like 50% of ‘Asians’ right there.

OTH, white girl wasted is a real thing

i think they are fine now esp with uber/lyft.

you shouldn’t ever drive drunk with car service apps being so prevalent.

I go out twice a weekend. 52 weeks in a year. I’d have to spend 30 to 60 per ride with surcharge. Let’s call it 80 front and back. That’s 4600 per year. If it’s just to hermosa, it’d be cheap but I like to try new spots. Dtla Long Beach Fullerton oc weho Downey

Our current way is 4 guys taking turns picking up everyone. Haha much cheaper. I don’t mind being dd for 1 night out of 4 to save 5k a year. I can holler just fine sober.

can you? can you reeallly?

The point of the law is to discourage an activity that can have dire consequences for innocent people. DUI endangers everyone around you - possession (of personal use amounts) of cocaine generally only endangers the possessor (the penalties for possessing trafficking amounts of cocaine are much harsher). The government really doesn’t care if you kill yourself. The problem is that drunk drivers tend to hit - and injure - innocent people. Per the CDC, 209 children in the 0-14 age range were killed in alcohol-related accidents in 2015. Do you really think a child deserves to die every 14 hours just so some wanker can get a nice buzz on? Not only is that child dead, but all of that child’s friends and family members have to deal with the loss - and the family of the impaired driver has to endure the stigma of being related to a child killer.

A vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. If you were to try to run over a police officer (or a civilian in stand-your-ground states), he could legally shoot and kill you in response. Do you really think it’s wise for people to operate deadly weapons while under the influence of a substance that impairs their reaction times and decision making?

Driving on weed should be made compulsory

wow brah you da beast. Downey? I thought that was just a gas station exit on the 5 while i’m on my way to san diego. Didn’t realize there is anything there other than sadness, let alone clubs.

anyway you do cover quite a perimeter. My highest uber ride was around $40 to lax. I live on the west side and go out on the west side, uber roundtrip is