EBooks vs. Print Version of CFA Curriculum...

Any recommendations?

I’m partial to hard copies; I like real books.

+1 for hard copies. Your eyes will thank you.

Hard copy +1000.

Way better to highlight, add sticky notes, circle back too, read while you’re pooping, etc.

I’m a fan of print. I simply study more effectively out of a book, and prefer physical highlights and stickies to online versions. Pick what works best for you though.

I used both. Hard copies for the real work, and e-book for flights, and when I wanted to keyword search items.

• 1 soft copy. An iPad student. Updates received regularly, searching terms (even using of translator occasionally), posting on forum and reading posts all over same platform. Easy to backup old material also all on same platform. Also easy switching between official and Schweser material on same platform.

Print copies. To highlight, take notes in the margins, and write some concepts loud and clear.

I prefer e-book. No reason, just like it more.

Hard copy +1

e-book when you need to search for specific keywords or phrases.

Depends on what kind of ebook you talk.

is it :

For me the most easy to navigate is Google Playbook, but with Vital Source on my Samsung Galaxy Note i can take annotated with my S-Pen.

The ‘worst’ of course --> Vital Source on my Laptop.

I usually go hard copy of the schwezer material E-Coppy for CFAI material.

If i need to go back and read any of the CFAI material, I’ll print and bind the CFAI material from the office printer at 6am in the morning cheeky

I ordered both, with a favourable bias towards hard copies but to my surprise, I made very little use of them. The E-book version is just so versatile. Being able to read in your commute and even highlight something important while standing in a packed rush-hour subway is to me the definition of productivity. Search function is also essential. What I would have liked is a “read out loud” smartphone capability, to get some study in while, say, prepping dinner.

Hard copy for sure

this feature is available on google playbook

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1062965?hl=en

Have my hard copies from 2016 so will only be getting the electronic copies this year.

I prefer revising from the actual text and find it difficult to read from a smartphone/tablet. But will have to complete reading 12 from the electronic books. Living in the UK the shipping costs soon add up and given that I already have ~95% of the text in hard copy form it is not worth buying more copies.

I used to be all for hard copies. Couldnt see myself with anything else than hards books for L1 and L2. But for L3 I had toddlers who wanted to play with my pages and write on my books or even shred it. I switched to e-book and really enjoyed it. Almost regret not trying that before. So convenient.

+1000 hard copy easier to do eoc and the example boxes

Scientifically proven that you read about 20pct fester out of hard copy. #donedeal

Neither - all you need are the Schweser Notes!

But if I had to choose it would be hard copies.